PDA

View Full Version : What a time of year to start a diet!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

seamonk
Thu, Dec-16-10, 10:29
Well, I guess I shouldn't say "diet". This really does need to be a lifestyle change. I can't keep boomeranging lol. Anyhow...I am new to this site but not to low carbing. I have lost very successfully in the past but can't seem to kick start the weight loss this time. I have been eating very healthfully (low carb of course), and have remained at medium level ketosis but for some reason have not been able to shed any pounds. Feeling discouraged (especially with all of the holiday goodies floating around) and decided to seek some support ;)

seagull07
Thu, Dec-16-10, 11:13
You can do this! Starting now changes the traditional new year's commitments--you'll be ahead of the game!! Plan your daily eating and stay strong!!

seamonk
Fri, Dec-17-10, 12:56
I like looking at it as being ahead of the 2011 resolutioners instead of WAY behind the 2010 resolutioners lol.
Meal planning ahead is definitely a great strategy too. Thanks for the words of wisdom :)

jgmusicfan
Wed, Dec-22-10, 09:24
I'm in the same boat. I head home to visit family tomorrow and I'll be back Tuesday. That's when I'll be starting induction. I'm setting myself up for failure if I try to avoid the family dinner or only eat the ham, etc. It's Christmas, I can't beat myself up, I need to enjoy it. Enjoy the time with family, the meals, try to stay in moderation. Come next week, the journey begins. This forum got me through a rough time a few years back. I'm just now returning. But, I reached my goal at the time of 150 pounds, and I started at 209. So it IS possible, but you need support. This is a great place to get it.

chell02
Wed, Dec-22-10, 14:35
I started right before Thanksgiving - honestly, there's no good time to start, well, maybe March for those of you who don't live in Mardi Gras central! Even if you don't want to get hard-core before the holidays, I think it helps to try and look at your celebrations as time with your family where food happens to be served. And usually you can find lots of delicious food that you CAN eat - no one knew I was LC at Thanksgiving, and I had plenty to eat; cheese for hors d'oeurves, turkey, creamed spinach, green beans, and fresh raspberries for dessert (actually those were a bit of a cheat b/c I was still in induction). You'll be surprised at how much you can still have and how nice it feels to be in control! Good luck!

cactusrose
Thu, Dec-23-10, 09:19
I started right before Thanksgiving - honestly, there's no good time to start, well, maybe March for those of you who don't live in Mardi Gras central! Even if you don't want to get hard-core before the holidays, I think it helps to try and look at your celebrations as time with your family where food happens to be served. And usually you can find lots of delicious food that you CAN eat - no one knew I was LC at Thanksgiving, and I had plenty to eat; cheese for hors d'oeurves, turkey, creamed spinach, green beans, and fresh raspberries for dessert (actually those were a bit of a cheat b/c I was still in induction). You'll be surprised at how much you can still have and how nice it feels to be in control! Good luck!
I also started right before Thanksgiving, and I agree, the best feeling in the world is the feeling of control. I have really only lost 4 pounds as of today (the scale fluctuates a bit day to day), but I am already down many inches and no more muffin top in the jeans...glorious!!! Energy level is great, mood is good, and I am not obsessing so much about food as I have in the past and that is a bonus!