PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sammyigo
Thu, Dec-16-10, 08:02
Hi

I have "dieted" all my life and kept fairly constant weight until I hit my 50's and then, boy it became a real drudge. 2011 is my year to get to target weight once and for all. I know Atkins suits me better than most diets and I have just started my regime today. I would love a buddy in the Uk to help me through - especially in the evenings when I could eat for England! :)

lizzyLC
Thu, Dec-16-10, 09:56
I'm not from the UK but welcome to the board Sammyigo.

want2Bskny
Thu, Dec-16-10, 10:23
I'm in NY, but I can also eat for England in the evenings!! Welcome and good luck!!

seagull07
Thu, Dec-16-10, 11:15
I just started too--let's make a go of this, shall we?

Sammyigo
Thu, Dec-16-10, 15:25
I have tried to start a new regime on 1st Jan and failed miserably so I thought I would start earlier this time. Of course, I will enjoy Christmas and thankfully I am not a sweet lover so I should be OK with turkey, meats, veg etc. Gotta give it a go!

kaylakala
Thu, Dec-16-10, 16:57
Hi! It is just a matter of mind set. If you don't like the sweets that much it should me great.

kdkeega
Thu, Dec-16-10, 21:13
I am new and in Chicago....ready and willing to help all...together we are stronger!

Sammyigo
Fri, Dec-17-10, 03:52
Thanks for all the support so far. Just going out in the snow to buy some smoked salmon (little luxury for Christmas!) - good offer in Co-op and Tesco - and freeze some for the New Year. I really love Irish coffee - would this be ok with a little brandy and splenda with double cream?