PDA

View Full Version : Here I go.... Again!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tlc63
Wed, Dec-15-10, 04:12
Hello Everyone, I'm new here, but not new to the LC lifestyle. I'm 6 years older and 40 lbs heavier than the last time I was doing this. I'm trying very hard to NOT weigh myself everyother day and become discouraged. I didn't weigh myself when I started the diet (my mistake). I guess I didn't really want to know what my weight was. I wish I had now because 5 days in I weighed and then two days later I weighed again and gained 1 pound! :help: Discouraging indeed...but I know this can work I just have to stick to it....this time I'm determined to lose the excess weight I have and consider this my way of life. I need to feel like me again and I want to feel great in my clothes again. WIsh me luck :)

bkloots
Wed, Dec-15-10, 05:13
Welcome back. Last spring I had ten to lose, got discouraged. Now I have fifteen to lose. It doesn't happen quickly at this stage and this age. But already, I feel better. So I keep reminding myself of that.

Best wishes.

tlc63
Wed, Dec-15-10, 06:24
Thank you, It feels good to make steps towards a better me! Progress may be slow but slow adds up eventually!

kdkeega
Thu, Dec-16-10, 21:44
TLC - first THANK YOU your post inspired me because we have a lot in common. I am 5'11 and can't tell you how many times people are shocked by how much I weigh...but more importantly your reference to not being happy because you are not living to your full potential brought tears to my eyes. For the first time after a really hard 8 months - I am happy. I have a new job, the very best of friends and a fantastic life...however I feel like a teapot that has the lid on because until I am not happy with my weight....I am not living my full potential as well!

Sounds like we are both at the beginning of our journey...so any support I can provide...please don't hesitate to reach out.