PDA

View Full Version : Intruduction/need help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Eagle
Sat, Apr-27-02, 19:57
Hello low-carb friends,

I am a new member and in need of help.

I lost 50 lbs doing the Atkins diet. I have kept the weight off
for 2 years. I still need to loose 25 more lbs, which I am not
able to.

I need a "miracle" cure and need it ASAP.

Please help!!!

Eagle

Bloom
Sat, Apr-27-02, 22:49
Sorry I dont have the answer for you, Ive only been at this myself for a little over 2 months, Im sure one of the 'old' hands will be along soon.

Just wanted to say a big welcome and congratulate you on both your your initial loss and maintaining it. :cheer:
I sure you can be off huge help to others here :thup:

http://members.aol.com/debelli/welcome_bear.gif

Karen
Sun, Apr-28-02, 08:42
What do you typically eat in a day?

Do you eat any food that imitates high-carb food? Artificial sweeteners? Nuts? Dairy products? Are you drinking enough water?

Karen

Melberry
Mon, Apr-29-02, 02:59
Eagle

Congratulations on your initial loss of 50lbs!! That is fantastic! And to keep it off is an even better effort!!
I would start by looking at your diet now and ensuring that you are getting enough calories in your diet. If you reduce your calories it will affect your metabolism. Also, as Karen suggests, are you drinking enough water?
If you haven't already, you might like to grab a copy of Dr Atkins revised edition of his book as you might find some ideas and changes that you could implement.
I think you have done a great job already and I'm sure you will start losing again in no time.
Melberry
:)

slimchance
Mon, Apr-29-02, 06:20
Welcome Eagle!! :wave:

Congrats on the great losses so far!! To keep it off that long is amazing! Great achievement!! :D

Have you started a journal? If you post what you are eating it will help you to keep track as well as give others here the opportunity to give advice as to where you may be going wrong. Also, are you doing any form of exercise? You may be gaining muscle mass and still losing. Try taking measurements, they are more accurate than the scale sometimes. :)

Just keep at it, it will come off. Sometimes as people get closer to goal they start to lose more slowly. Some people find that certain foods cause stalls, so perhaps there is something that you are consuming a lot of that is slowing you down? Cheese, processed meats, nuts??? Keep drinking that water too!!

All the best!!

KC