PDA

View Full Version : Well here I Go this is total new for me!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MontanaDTE
Wed, Dec-01-10, 18:27
I am 51 and tired of being this large and unactive, I have struggled to lose weight for the last 16 years .
I know that doing this by myself will not be as succesful, I did weight watcher last year and lost 7 pounds and was hungry most of the time!

I have been on the Atkins diet years and years ago and lost some weight but I have never been committed to go the Long haul and get to a place of health !
This is my goal to get into a place of good Health , at my current weight I am Obesse, ouch the word hurts but I need to look at it for what it is :agree:
Today my goal is to find which low carb diet will be the best for me
I have never be in a Forum before, but I know what part of WW worked was being accountable to a group, sounds weird but here I GO !
Thanks to you all for the help I will get I feel like I just put on ice skates for the 1st time
MontanaDTE

Elizellen
Thu, Dec-02-10, 04:30
Hi DTE!! :wave:
Welcome to the board.

There is one forum here with comparisons of various lowcarb diets/WOEs that might help you choose which to follow
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=68

cactusrose
Thu, Dec-02-10, 21:25
Welcome MontanaDTE! Yes it is best to see what you can live with long term, as this is a life long commitment, so check out the different plans. Not just a change of weight, but a change of health. I am 49, try to stay active, so I understand your goals. So worth it. I love to go hiking, but I cannot take on hikes as vigorous as I would like. I know I will feel so much better at a lower weight and that is the goal I am working toward. In all honesty, everything feels better at a lower weight, you will find this to be true also, just hang in there and keep your goals in front of you. Have you thought about starting a journal? Very helpful to track what works and what doesn't, and emotional issues we have that effect our actions, and how we can change for the better. Keep us all posted in your progress. Best to you.

tsuggs1960
Thu, Dec-02-10, 23:25
MontanaDTE, I also did Atkins years ago with some success, but always fell off the wagon. This time around has been better with less cravings. I am around your age and the turning point for me was when my knee totally gave out on me at my nieces's wedding. :idea: I just knew I had torn something, but turns out its rheumatoid arthritis. I must do this for my health. I have alot more to lose than you, but I am determined to get healthy and fit. I see some elderly people who can barely walk and I know that's where I'm headed if I don't do something NOW. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. Talking things out on this forum has been great for me & I hope will motivate you also. :)

MontanaDTE
Fri, Dec-03-10, 01:10
Wow I am so suprised that anyone welcomed me ! :wave: that a very special feeling, I don't have the whole thread thing down this is my first forum so if I don't do it quite correctly I am always okay with correction.
I Lost a pound ! yeah. I have started the jounal of what I am eating that is good I am finding that my plumbing is going a little slower than usual and have taken some metamusal Pills.
I made a chocolate like mousse yesterday, it was plain awful but I ate it during a very stressful time today HUMMM think I need to address some things THANKS AGAIN TO YOU ALL !

cactusrose
Fri, Dec-03-10, 22:17
Congrats on the pound lost!

The forum/thread thing was new for me too. In case you are interested, you can start a journal here so we can keep in touch with you. Go to the main page, and click on the Journals/Bootcamps forum, then start a new thread with whatever name of your journal you want. After that, the Journal icon will appear in the lower right hand corner of anything you post. Anyone can click on this to see your journal.

For your tummy, 500 mg of Magnesium daily was recommended to me for tummy troubles with induction.

Best to you and keep us posted. Be sure to check out all the great threads here!

crs
Sat, Dec-04-10, 17:03
http://bestsmileys.com/hello/7.gif

Welcome to the boards!

:)carmen