PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....Just joining In!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suz41
Sat, Nov-27-10, 10:38
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for about two weeks and finally decided to join in. I am 44 years old and have been dieting to lose the same 10-20 pounds my whole life it seems. I am lucky to have a very nice life (husband, kids...all good!)so for me it is just learning to eat the right foods once and for all. I have tried low carb before and found it hard to stick to. I joined WW in October and found because I only had 20 to lose that I got so few points that they were gone by lunchtime! I decided to try Atkins again and find it SOOOO much easier. I had to re-learn the rules by reading on-line and asking questions but I think I get it for the most part. I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks since I started and am hoping to keep on losing until i hit the 20 pound mark. My only vice is coffee....have to have it! I have been using the SF coffee mate and having 2-3 cups a day. The holidays coming up are a little scary because we attend so many functions that I have no control of the menu.....any advice from veterans on how to navigate the holidays or any great tips for the long haul???? Thanks so much! Suz

Elizellen
Sat, Nov-27-10, 12:45
Hi Suz!!
Welcome to the board!! :wave:

Congratulations on those 7 pounds gone already, which means a third of your hoped-for loss already achieved!! :cheer:

My advice to navigate the holidays would be not to stay on induction any longer but move to the main weightloss phase of Atkins (ongoing weightloss) and start to reintroduce foods from the rungs and expand your food choices while discovering your CCLL.

Once you are halfway up the carbohydrate ladder it is much easier to stay on-plan without feeling deprived.

suz41
Sun, Nov-28-10, 16:22
Thanks for the great advice........I will start adding in some wise choices! One more thing I wonder about......cocktails?? I am not a big drinker but definitely enjoy having drinks with friends on the weekends. Is red wine the best choice or should I drink liquor with zero carb mixers like soda water? Just curious.....