PDA

View Full Version : Woman's World and Dr. Siegal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tndrmrcies
Sat, Apr-27-02, 16:55
Did anyone see the article on the Thyroid Cure in April 30th issue of Woman's World? It mentions a Dr. Siegal and his book Is Your Thyroid Making You Fat? It also gives a cookie recipe that's supposed to boost your thyroid and melt pounds fast. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with Siegal and had any success with his diet. I'm just back on a low carb diet for a couple of weeks, but haven't had any success yet. I'm frustrated and looking for something else that might also work.

Quilter
Thu, Jun-06-02, 13:21
Dr. Siegal has said those cookies bear no resemblance to his stuff. He was not a happy camper when that article came out. You need exercise as well as diet and patience...weight loss is slow for us.

mbschlgr
Thu, Jun-06-02, 14:03
Many thyroid patients are carbohydrate intolerant...

With that being said, this means that many (while not all) may need to stay at an induction level or close to it for ever!

Onions, tomatoes, carrots, even fruit can be on the no list for us.

I did the carbohydrates addict plan and it was lethal for me! I had to eliminate them all, all of the time...

tndrmrcies

You will have luck, but I recommend Atkins or PP. Start a journal and I'll be glad to pop in :wave:

Thyroid_M
Wed, Jul-17-02, 10:18
Hi! I was on the cover of the "Thyroid Cure" issue, so I am a bit familiar with thyroid problems - mainly, how to find a doctor to diagnose you with it! 60% of women have thyroid problems, and obviously, most don't know it at all. Since women are brought up to think that getting tired, gaining weight, and becoming moody are all adjectives to describe us as we age, most women don't realize that these are actually symptoms of a hormonal imbalance.

Why don't you drop me an e-mail at thyroid~justice.com, and I will send you some information - hopefully all you should need to begin your journey to losing weight and feeling wonderful. I will gladly correspond with you until you reach that point, too!! I know how crummy it is to feel poorly and have no one help or understand - I knew I had a thyroid problem for 4 years before anyone listened and understood, myself.

Margaret

Danyele
Wed, Jul-17-02, 14:20
hi,

I actually have Dr.Siegal's book and although many things make sense to me going on a 1000 calorie diet is not something I'm goign to do. I tried eating 1000-1500 calories/day of high protein, moderate fat and moderate carbs for months while still exercising and it still caused me to gain weight. Low carbing is the only thing that has let me lose inches and some weight.

Danyele