PDA

View Full Version : Feta and Olive Meatballs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamarian
Sat, Apr-27-02, 16:54
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe068.html

lotuslaura
Thu, May-09-02, 09:05
Hi,

This sounds great!!

How long would you say I should expect to brown the meatballs on each side?

Karen
Thu, May-09-02, 10:50
It depends entirely on the power of your broiler. Mine is gas and it takes about 5 minutes for each side. Keeping the meatballs well spaced will also hasten the process.

Karen

GatorGal93
Fri, May-10-02, 07:54
OMG! These were soooooooooooooooooooo good! I made a batch of these last night and

1. I left out the onions. I like onions, but I stopped eating them and carrots when I started Atkins years ago due to the carb content.

2. I used a mixture of gound beef and ground pork.

These were SO good, that I have a funny story. My cat does not care for human food except for seafood and Boar's Head turkey (spoiled, I know). Well, last night when I was eating the meatballs she got up in my face. I offered her one to see what she would do. She ate it! She has never even eaten ANYTHING out of my hand, but man, last night she chomped a meatball right out of my fingers! I'm not saying that this recipe should be pet food, by any means. :lol:

Enjoy!
Julie

GatorGal93
Fri, May-10-02, 08:31
Cookie, the meatball thief.

Karen
Fri, May-10-02, 09:20
LOL! I'm glad you and meatball thief enjoyed them!

One of my dogs once ate half of the LC new York Style Cheesecake that was sitting on the counter cooling. Bad dog! ;)

Karen

GatorGal93
Thu, May-16-02, 07:36
The meatball thief and I enjoyed another batch of the awesome meatballs last night. I think she is now addicted to feta cheese. :lol:

I have a question. When I purchase the meat, I get a combo pack of ground pork and ground beef. The size, of course, varies. For example, last night it was 1.9 pounds. I add a little exta feta, a little extra olives etc. They came out fine, but there is no need to add another egg, is there? I am probably answering my own question since they came out fine, but I would like a professional's opinion.

Thank you,
Julie

P.S. Any more feta recipies for us feta addicts (that are not already posted)? Thank you!
:yum:

Karen
Thu, May-16-02, 07:59
You did answer your own question.

If it works, then it works! :D

Karen

jeanyyy
Sun, Nov-02-03, 01:23
Karen, I made these meatballs today, with the Tabil spice mix! YUMMMMMMM... I wasn't sure how long to toast the spices and I *think* I took them off the heat before they burned.... :lol:

I also made your Simple Tomato Sauce (for Meatza recipe), adding a little basil and oregano, seasoning salt and Splenda, and heated half the meatballs in it for the open house I was going to. They were very well received! Thanks again for all the great recipes!

jmcgowan
Mon, Nov-24-03, 15:30
How many meatballs in a single serving? I see the recipe makes 16

Karen
Mon, Nov-24-03, 18:18
However many you eat at a time. :)

Karen

bardbear
Wed, Dec-03-03, 08:57
These are AWESOME!

I was wondering, could the feta/olive ones be done with ground lamb, a "greek-ball"?

And maybe ground pork with salsa verde and "mexican cheese blend" (Sargento makes this in the US).

Or even ground beef with bacon, onions and cheddar?

I'll probably experiment mroe with these, they are so simple and yummy. I pop a few in the microwave whilst I walk the dog, then have them for breakfast.

Karen
Wed, Dec-03-03, 09:01
I was wondering, could the feta/olive ones be done with ground lamb, a "greek-ball"? Yep! The recipe specifies either ground lamb or beef. Ground lamb is my preference. :yum:

Karen

galaga6846
Mon, Dec-15-03, 23:56
I made this once.... without the recipe. I had some lamb meat, feta, olives and I thought "why not?"
It was really good.
I just kind of made it up, but now I have a recipe! Thanks.

eabanjb
Thu, Jan-05-06, 19:10
Karen,

The nutritional counts are for the entire recipe, right?! Thanks...they are on the menu for tonight but with Wallaby meat.

Rosebud
Thu, Jan-05-06, 19:25
Karen,

The nutritional counts are for the entire recipe, right?! Thanks...they are on the menu for tonight but with Wallaby meat.
You're eating Skippy?!! :eek: :D

Just wanted to say g'day to another Aussie. I often have feta and olive "rissoles" and they are VERY popular here.

Cheers, matey.

Roz

Karen
Mon, Jan-09-06, 14:14
The nutritional counts are for the entire recipe, right?! Yep!

Karen

Angeline
Fri, Jan-20-06, 14:38
Karen, I love this recipe but it's a little fussy dealing with meatballs (I'm a lazy cook). Do you think it could be easily converted to a meat loaf ?

Mezayde
Mon, May-08-06, 20:40
Hi Karen, Just a quick - probably dumb question - your figures for carbs/fats etc is that for the entire recipe contents or per serve? Your receipes all look wonderful! It's my husbands birthday this weeks and he will appreciate a cake and somehting delicious for dinner! Cheers Mezayde

Rosebud
Mon, May-08-06, 20:53
Hi Karen, Just a quick - probably dumb question - your figures for carbs/fats etc is that for the entire recipe contents or per serve? Your receipes all look wonderful! It's my husbands birthday this weeks and he will appreciate a cake and somehting delicious for dinner! Cheers Mezayde
Hi there Mezayde, welcome! :)

I'm not Karen, but if you go back a few posts, you'll see this:

The nutritional counts are for the entire recipe, right?!
Yep!

Karen
Cheers.

Rosebud:rose: