PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LCMomma
Sun, Nov-21-10, 02:14
Hello Everyone!

My name is Amanda. I'm not new to LC but after 10 years of reaching my max of 422 pounds and starting and stopping more times than I can count I knew I had to finally get back to the one thing I knew had worked for me in my teens.
I've been low carbing it now for a month and a half, lost 23 pounds in that time. People have asked me, which low carb diet are you doing? Really all I can tell them is I've cut my carbs back to 20 a day, I eat low carb veggies and fruit and try to do things as naturally and organically as possible. Whichever plan that falls under then there you go!
I have discovered a few allergies/sensitivities along the way. Anything with soy I must steer clear of, I don't use Splenda, Truvia, Agave, or Sweet n Low. I use Stevia powder and make my own liquid from it. My cravings for pasta, rice, and potatoes have ceased thank goodness! Now I find myself craving zero carb foods more and make sure I keep them handy throughout the day.
My entire family is doing this with me, which does make it easier.
I'm always on the look out for yummy recipes and can't wait to try some new ones for this Thanksgiving!

lizzyLC
Sun, Nov-21-10, 02:56
Welcome to the board LCmomma. Congratulations on such great progress so far!

LCMomma
Sun, Nov-21-10, 16:32
Thanks LizzyLC!