PDA

View Full Version : here I go again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

littleloul
Mon, Nov-15-10, 19:43
Hi, I have been on low carb off and on for a while. I lost almost 30 lbs in 2005 in about a month on low carb, gained it back because I went back to old ways. I usually go on it and lose 10 lbs in a week then go right back off it. I realise I want to do this for real now and need to lose about 50 lbs or maybe a little more. My short term goal is 20 lbs. I went grocery shopping today and have done great on my first day!

weightoff
Mon, Nov-15-10, 19:52
Hi, I have been on low carb off and on for a while. I lost almost 30 lbs in 2005 in about a month on low carb, gained it back because I went back to old ways. I usually go on it and lose 10 lbs in a week then go right back off it. I realise I want to do this for real now and need to lose about 50 lbs or maybe a little more. My short term goal is 20 lbs. I went grocery shopping today and have done great on my first day!

I have been where you are. I would lose and gain the same 10 pounds too. Lose 10, then quit, go back to old style of eating gain it back and more, that's how I reached my highest weight ever which was 180. And WHAT shook me up or woke me up was the fact I was ONLY 20 pounds away from 200 and it wouldn't take NO TIME for me to get there. So, here I started Sept. 29th of this year and been loving it ever since. I believe I will choose this as my new lifestyle. I don't want to go back to the old ways and that way (according to the doctor) had put me on the borderline of diabetes. Both grandmothers, my own mother, my younger sister...nah...after watching them, I don't want to go through that. And if I can prevent it then I will.

So, welcome back and just stick to your plan. I have finally passed the "10 pound" mark and going down the scale and THIS time I want to finish at my goal :agree:

sherileah1
Tue, Nov-16-10, 10:03
Welcome littlelou! this is a great site for support! Wonderful people to help keep you motivated!

Chris_D
Tue, Nov-16-10, 14:04
Welcome! :wave:

How many of us can relate?!! Change your mindset to "Its a way of life, a lifestyle; not a DIET"

Best wishes to a happy and healthy journey!

~ Chris ~

littleloul
Wed, Nov-17-10, 22:36
Thanks everyone!! Its been a good week so far!