PDA

View Full Version : New Member (Gr8girrl)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gr8girrl
Tue, Nov-09-10, 21:04
Hi all, I just joined today after enjoying finding new recipes and ideas.

I had a baby girl 3 months ago today and I'm hopeful that I can be a 'yummy mummy' very soon. I'd like to go back to work looking and feeling my best next September. My planned long-term reward is a new sexy secretary business wardrobe!

I started Atkins a week ago and I'm excited that this could work for me. I had gestational diabetes that required insulin and type II runs in my family so I'm particularly interested in diabetes prevention. I plan on staying on the induction phase until I'm 20 lbs away from my goal.

I started working out at the gym doing Zumba dance classes which I really enjoy and when I'm home I'm busy with my DD.

During my mat leave, I'm studying for my real estate license but I'm currently a successful software sales rep.

Living in Canada, I'm not looking forward to the winter weather but am looking forward to looking better than my prepartum days!

I hope to find friend and fellow low-carbers to be mutually supportive during our journeys.

sherileah1
Wed, Nov-10-10, 07:32
Welcome Gr8girrl!!!!

Congrats on the new baby!! This is a great site with awesome people and alot of information about LCing... I hope you find it as helpful as I have!

WELCOME :wave:

gr8girrl
Wed, Nov-10-10, 08:18
Welcome Gr8girrl!!!!

Congrats on the new baby!! This is a great site with awesome people and alot of information about LCing... I hope you find it as helpful as I have!

WELCOME :wave:

Thanks! I appreciate the welcome!!

sherileah1
Thu, Nov-11-10, 08:09
gr8girrl cant wait to her how the first few days have gone! Keep us posted!