PDA

View Full Version : Missed TOM but still weight gain/no loss

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

betsywcnm
Mon, Nov-08-10, 06:28
I've been LC'ing since June and am down 30# (YAY!)... I have graphed my weight in order to look for trends, I notice when it's TOM my wt will stabilize or go up a tiny bit but then drop after TOM. I just turned 50, I'm peri-menopausal and have noticed that the couple of times I missed my TOM that my weight did exactly the same thing at the time it was supposed to come, even with no period. Do others have this same experience? Does anyone understand the physiology of why this happens?? Does this continue after full menopause?

black57
Thu, Mar-10-11, 21:07
It happens to me. WHat's so bad is my weight climbs if there is no TOM. Once TOM begins weight will go down. I have concluded then that the sole purpose for gaining weight is to start my period. On the flip side, my weight will go down with effort such as exercise. I have not had a full blown period since September( ish ).

MishaBelle
Sat, Feb-11-12, 17:59
Oh, I hope that's the case! I'm going to watch this and see what happens.

Before, I was great at losing for the first two weeks of my cycle, then stabilizing.... then I'd lose again, then stabilize. It was really easy to lose weight that way.