PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

phatgeek
Thu, Oct-21-10, 18:26
hi everyone, first i will say that i joined this for support in my diet i realized today , i needed some support in my low carbh life...i am 315 pounds, i make fun of my self, but i am scared...of dying.
today i ate ( 100% honest)
4 hard boiled eggs, then 3 hours later 2 scrambled , one sausage patty
then 6 chicken thighs boiled, 64 oz of water, and 16oz of diet coke and 2 pieces of cheese( about 2 oz each). am i doing a good carb intake??? all inputs are welcome....

thanks
phatty

nadia7
Thu, Oct-21-10, 19:16
Hello,
Just saying hi, I am a newbie too, started yesterday. I do a modified low-carb diet (from Barry Groves book Eat fat get thin).
Hang in there one day at the time and good luck! As for the amount of meat, I am not sure how to calculate it for Atkins. I would try to search the forums maybe?
Nadia

LC_mermaid
Fri, Oct-22-10, 07:38
Hi, welcome aboard, your intake looks good, you aren't eating any veggies? maybe a nice salad? The best board to ask Atkins questions is the Atkins board, here is the link. I did alot of reading on there when I first started. If you go back a few pages, alot of your questions have been asked before. You can post your menus there and ask for insight as well. There is alot of traffic there. We have a carb tracker here, on the top green bar, its MY PLAN in yellow letters, or you can try livestrong.com or fitday too. In my Atkins book there is a basic carb counter.
I can relate to the scared of dying, I have been frightened by the amount of weight I could gain in a short time, how quickly I could have hit 400 lbs + if I didn't do something. Check out the triple digits club forum, its not so busy, but there are some great threads, here is a link to the best of the TDC, its really great to read. I have never felt so understood as when I read these threads, so many are walking in ours shoes. Good luck on your journey.

Atkins board
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
TDC
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49
TDC best of
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=398067

mainecyn
Fri, Oct-22-10, 07:48
your intake looks good, you aren't eating any veggies? maybe a nice salad?

I was going to say the same thing. Good job on the water intake, it can be difficult for everyone-its not my favorite thing. The veggies are important for fiber.

Welcome to the board, and new new approach to life. I understand what you are saying. I started atkins at close to 240, I was very unhealthy, scared i was killing myself.

LauraG106
Fri, Oct-22-10, 12:19
Hi everyone! :wave:

I am new to this board also and am really excited to be part of a network of people with all the same goal to lose weight through a low-carb diet! My current diet consists of no more than 15% carbs and I do not allow myself to eat any refined sugars at all. So far I have lost about 20lbs and look to lose 20 more pounds in the near future. Although I do like to cook/create low carb meals occasionally, I cannot consider myself a great cook at all and so I am constantly on the lookout for great new low-carb products.

Cheers!
Laura

Laura