PDA

View Full Version : Figuring Things Out

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Debbera
Fri, Oct-15-10, 15:44
I AM NOT SURE WHAT I AM DOING? I AM DOING ATKINS...WELL, PLANNING TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY THIS SUNDAY AND I AM LOOKING FOR SUPPORT. MY GOAL IS TO LOSE 60LBS BY NEXT MAY...THAT'S TWO POUNDS A WEEK AND FOR ME THAT IS GOING TO BE TOUGH...I FIGURE I WILL ONLY HAVE A SHOT AT THIS IF I AM ON THE ATKINS DIET. I HAVE BEEN DIETING AND LOST 15LBS BUT IT HAS TAKEN FOR EVER! I AM HOPING THIS SITE IS WILL BE A BIG HELP FOR ME. :wave:

pinkclouds
Fri, Oct-15-10, 15:48
Hi Debbera,
Welcome to the forum. Have you picked up a copy of any of the Atkins books yet? My favorite is Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution written by Dr. A himself, but there is also a new one out now called New Atkins for a New You (I have not read this one).

The DANDR book is very informative and motivational. And it gives you all of the instructions. You can probably find one used for less than a couple of bucks.

The forum is great for asking q's, posting concerns, challenges, journaling and making friends. 2 lbs a week is very reasonable. You can do this! :)

LC_mermaid
Sat, Oct-16-10, 19:08
Hi, congratulations on losing 15 lbs!!! I think that your goal is great. If you are still having slow losses it may be helpful to post a days menu on the Atkins board and ask for suggestions. Here is the link to that forum. Good luck, you can do this!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Chris_D
Sat, Oct-16-10, 21:23
Welcome! :wave: Glad you found us!

I agree, pick up a copy of DANDR, you can find a gently used copy at many thrift stores; its a great investment!

The other thing I highly recommend is to start a journal. Its a great tool to record your thoughts, feelings, struggles and challenges. Its also a great way to make many supportive friends! Feel free to pop by mine any time!

I would like to share this............it was sent to me years ago and I have read and re-read it a gazillion times! I hope it gives you a new sense of realization that WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Cheers! ~ Chris ~

This journey is more about "want power" than "will power"! When we want the results badly enough, then it becomes relatively easy to settle into the process and let it happen in its own time and way. It's a consistency and longevity based program, not one based on perfection. The most important thing is to just keep going!

Keep moving forward! The only way you "fail" is when you give up. It's a long term process and all of the training is "on the job", so be compassionate with yourself and allow yourself to learn and retrain your lifestyle to a new healthier one along the way.

No one is perfect at this. We are all just "works in progress"; beautiful ones at that!

As the famous animated fish Nemo was fond of saying, "Keep swimming!"

Let your determination be your willpower.

*Sheila*
Sun, Oct-17-10, 06:04
Not sure what you have going on next May that you feel you need to lose a certain number by, but just embrace this process that your on. The weight loss will come, and do not allow yourself to be dissapointed if you do not "meat" (pun intended) the goal you set. You will soon realize that you will lose inches faster then pounds, and you may look thinner at a higher weight with this woe.

pinkclouds
Wed, Oct-20-10, 20:41
Are you going to start a journal soon Deb? Would love to visit it to cheer you on! :cheer:

awaldron
Wed, Oct-20-10, 23:18
Welcome, Deb! There are so many success stories and inspriring folks on this site, I think you'll definitely find the support and motivation you're looking for. :)

Chris_D
Thu, Oct-21-10, 08:47
I agree with PinkClouds; start a journal (today, OK ;) )so we can support and cheer one another! The support component of any program is vital to our ongoing success!! :agree:

~ Chris ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~