PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thinisin11
Wed, Oct-13-10, 13:44
I'm doing Atkins and trying to stay around 20 carbs a day. I've been going about three weeks! My face and arms looks better already! My only cheat is red wine. I'd love go make friends with other low carbers! I've fallen in love with crock pot recipes and would love to swap recipes with you. Send me a line!!

pinkclouds
Wed, Oct-13-10, 14:38
Welcome to the forum! congrats on getting off to a great start! How do you feel after three weeks on plan?

PlaneCrazy
Thu, Oct-14-10, 12:23
I find a glass of red wine now and then helps me, uh, lower my cortisol levels. Yeah, that's it. It reduces stress and thus lowers my cortisol. Yup. That's the reason. Purely medicinal and all. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

I've recently been playing with pork ribs in the slow cooker. The problem is finding a recipe that doesn't use sugar in the rub that still tastes good. I tend to go towards Mexican flavors these days, using chili powder, cumin, oregano and garlic (and sometimes Old Bay Seasoning) in the dry rub, then I braise them in the crockpot for 10 hours on low in a braising liquid of veggie stock, worchestershire sauce, a tiny dash of liquid smoke, cooking sherry or dry white wine, some good vinegar (I like sherry vinegar from Spain, or natural cider vinegar is also good) and if I'm exercising a bit, I'll add a tablespoon of honey. It probably adds negligible carbs, but it does help with the flavor a bit.

After the ribs are braised, I'll finish them in the oven or on the grill to brown them up. Quite good!

whoistacey
Mon, Oct-18-10, 21:25
Hi and welcome to lo carbing. I'm new to the forum too but I think you're going to love low carb results, especially if you've tried all the traditional ways to "eat right." I love crockpots and casseroles. Really helps out to have something cooked when I get home from work or from the kid's practices. I'm working on finding a way to low carb and feed the family. My recipes are basic but sharing sounds fun.

thinisin11
Mon, Oct-25-10, 10:58
Thanks everybody!! I bought a crock pot too just recently. I cook any kind of meat and veggie combo with spices or stock. I found Lawry's Marinades only have 1 carb!!!! They make great sauces when you add a little to your meat in the crock pot! I have the lemon chicken marinade and the steak and chop garlic marinade. Awesome!!!!

thinisin11
Wed, Oct-27-10, 14:35
Guess what!!! I lost 22 pounds in a month! I'm so excited!!

How do I update my weight here?

Here is my plan that I sent to my friend:
Thanks everyone!! :-D~

~Chris: I do the Atkins 20 carb plan. I eat ~eggs, sausage, bacon, chicken, fish, steak, veggies, plus red wine or gin/diet tonic for treats, and dark colored berries :-) I use my crock pot a lot with Lawry's Marinades that naturally have no carbs. Carl's Jr also makes low carb, lettuce wrapped burgers! ~I also make desserts like chocolate mousse with heavy whipping cream/hersheys baking choc/ in my magic bullet and pumpkin pie custard, where u just make the pie w/o the crust and use a tiny bit of Splenda in place of sugar. It's a really easy diet and Jeremy eats all the food. I just make him some extra pasta or stick it in a tortilla ;-) Just count about 20 carbs a day and the weight falls off!

pinkclouds
Wed, Oct-27-10, 16:23
Congratulations! that is fantastic!!! :cheer:

Click on User CP (top left of the green bar menu) and select edit profile. That is where you can adjust your weight.

O.M.G. I did not know that about Carls Jr. I think you just made my day! :)

thinisin11
Thu, Oct-28-10, 10:15
Thanks!!! Also you can get any burger at Carl's Jr and just say make the bun low carb! There is a low carb button on their cash register! My favorite burger is the bacon avocado burger/made low carb/hold the southwest sauce. Mmmmmmmm! :)

sherileah1
Thu, Oct-28-10, 10:56
Hey Thinisin11!!! Congrats on your fantastic weight loss! Are you doing any exercising or anything else to help with the loss?