PDA

View Full Version : New, just doing some research for later

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lianna86
Mon, Oct-11-10, 11:51
No, I'm not procrastinating, I'm pregnant!
I'm not sure if I can start a low carb diet while I'm pregnant so I'm waiting till after I have this baby, but if you've done it, let me know!

My name is Lianna and I'm 24 years old. I've tried low carb in the past but I didn't do well with it because I was still eating crappy food and I got bored with it.

I weigh 288 now, I never thought I would be able to get pregnant at this weight, but lo and behold I did and I haven't been so careful about what I've been eating, but I'm about to have 3 kids and they're still young and I want to stick around to see them grow up, ya know?

Anyway, I'm really wanting to learn new low carb recipes and more about how low carb diets work. I really look forward to chatting with you all!

krystalr
Mon, Oct-11-10, 11:53
Welcome!

You actually can low carb while pregnant, but at slightly higher carbs. We have an entire subforum dedicated to it here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Do you already have kids, or are you having triplets?? Congrats either way! :)

lianna86
Mon, Oct-11-10, 11:58
Thank you!! I have 2 boys, they are 3 and 4 years old and I'm expecting another baby, sex is still unknown and well I really hope there's just one in there! LOL

Coconutz
Mon, Oct-11-10, 12:18
I started my last pregnancy at 244 and my doctor instructed me to stay away from potatoes, bread, and pasta, eating only meat, eggs, nuts, avocados, and lots and lots of veggies so YES, I think its medically necessary to be low to moderate carb when overweight and pregnant to reduce your risk of GD.

At that weight, he said he wouldn't mind if I didn't gain a pound.

Also, my name is Liana lol.

I follow the Primal Blueprint which is a little more forgiving in the carb department, focusing on whole, real foods...I do try to stay below 50g of carbs but I don't count anything. I just try to stay away from them unless its green veggies (I load up on those). I might have a few nuts during the day (I had 5 cashews and 3 pistachios that were totally satisfying between meals yesterday).

Good luck! Happy and healthy 9 months to yoU!

pinkclouds
Mon, Oct-11-10, 12:36
yes, it can be done! :thup: The others have already given you great tips. I just wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome and good luck with your pregnancy! :)