PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am new...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

porter_ia
Sun, Oct-03-10, 08:47
My name is Linda and I live in Iowa. Have started the Kwasniewski diet and was wondering if anyone has any info on it. Have any of you tried it? Anyhow, I am 64 years old, a widow and have one married daughter. Looking forward to meeting new people and learning new things :wave: . Linda

LC_mermaid
Sat, Oct-09-10, 16:57
Hi Linda, welcome aboard, here is the link to a thread about dr Kwasniewski's plan, hopefully this helps you. Good luck!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=394793

PlaneCrazy
Thu, Oct-14-10, 13:27
Thanks for posting the link to the Kwasneiwski plan thread. Very interesting. It sounds a lot like what I was already working towards. Last time I ate low carb I figured I was eating somewhere around 60% fat, and I felt the best, and lost the most, if I could boost it up to 70%. I was also gaining muscle mass without exercise.

I got thrown off by medical problems unrelated to the diet and it's been a struggle to get back. I'm finally back into the right mindset and looking for good ways to up my fat again. Fortunately I found a Polish grocery store that sells the fattiest lunch meat I've ever seen. As far as I can figure, just visually it's about equal parts fat and flesh. It's wonderful. It just melts in your mouth and I don't need to eat more than around 1/4 lb. of it for lunch and I'm full for the rest of the day.

The thread gave me something else to think about. Thanks.

Oh, and Porter, sorry for deviating from the topic which is supposed to be to welcome you to the place. Welcome! And as you can see, we're a pretty friendly bunch with lots of opinions and lots of information. We're glad you're here!