PDA

View Full Version : New to this site, not to this WOE

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mikkijoe
Tue, Sep-28-10, 12:51
Hello,
Let's get right to the nitty gritty: I am 44 yr old female, 2 kids, over FT job. I have been struggling with weight all my life, I have done the low fat, boring diets, and even lost here and there. Of course 'it' never stayed away. I did Atkins about 8 yrs ago with fair resuts. And about 15 yrs ago I did The Prism Diet, which was low fat low carb, and I did fairly well with that too.

After much research myself and my family went on the Primal Blueprint diet on August 9th. My 14 yr old daughter, we needs to lose 100 pounds, has lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks! DH has lost the same, I --of course being the challenge, have lost 12 pounds in the last 6 weeks. And as I type that out how DARE I be disappointed in that, ya know? Thats a steady 2 pounds a week, and I was already dieting before Aug 9, so that does not take into consideration alot of water weight lost. YA. SO THERE. I lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks and I am going to be happy with that!

My 18 yr old son is kinda on the diet with us, BUT he does pack a traditional sammich or two in his lunch for work, and he does get a soda now and then. Instead of the 80/20% rule, he is more like 65/35....but that is better than junk! He does not need to lose weight, but he has already buffed up being on more fat and protien and lower carbs.

I came here by following a recipe, and then got to looking at the site. I was interested a little, but I already post alot at Marks Daily Apple, and another site. But what really interested me was the fact that there was a place for low carbers who have ALOT to lose, since that is the boat I am in. I can always use some support of other people with similar goals. Plus I do enjoy encouraging other--it lifts myself up as well.

As far as diets, I dont see Primal here on the boards yet, but I do see Paleo, and we are very similar. Our family eats meat, vegs, but no white potato, fruits--mostly berries, some nuts, lots of coconut milk, eggs, butter, and occational cheese and HWC.

Look forward to meeting you and encouraging you through this life saving journey!

LC_mermaid
Tue, Sep-28-10, 18:40
Hi Mikkijoe, welcome and congratulations on losing 44 lbs!!

dhania
Fri, Oct-01-10, 00:10
As far as diets, I dont see Primal here on the boards yet, but I do see Paleo, and we are very similar. Our family eats meat, vegs, but no white potato, fruits--mostly berries, some nuts, lots of coconut milk, eggs, butter, and occational cheese and HWC.

Sounds pretty paleo to me, aside from the cheese :-) welcome Mikkijoe.

Fletch1990
Fri, Oct-01-10, 05:47
I have been struggling with weight all my life, I have done the low fat, boring diets, and even lost here and there. Of course 'it' never stayed away.

I can completely understand with what you are saying. Although I am only 20 I've always been on the larger side of average, and I have finally come to realise I will ALWAYS be that way unless I do something about it!

I have to come to see it's not about diets, but about changing your way of life! And this is a good way to do it :D

At the end of the day if you are changing your way of life, it's important to have researched your plan like you already have, as it needs to be something you can stick with!

Good luck with loosing! :)

Chris_D
Fri, Oct-01-10, 09:41
Welcome and best wishes for a healthy and happy journey!

Be prepared, stay focused, remain positive and remember this is a lifestyle!

Good luck to your entire family!!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

crs
Mon, Oct-04-10, 18:55
Congratulations on your loss so far! You've come to the right place for lots of great advice, support, and ! Wishing you the best of luck! Welcome :)