PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MrCleanser
Tue, Sep-28-10, 09:43
Well, seeing as I've been using the site for the last month I thought I should join the forum. The success stories I've seen here are phenomenal, and the recipes have been extremely helpful. I can not express how much I appreciate all the advice and encouraging words I've read in the forums here and how much they help. You feel some days when you live in a carb eating household that you're all alone, this place makes me feel like there's at least a few out there who understand the struggle....

Good god would I like to take some of the chips that are sitting in the cupboard. :D

So again, thanks, and I'll try to be a poster from now on, not a ghost. :)

librariany
Tue, Sep-28-10, 09:48
Hello! Your stats are impressive. Did you loose all that weight in a month! Looks like you've been doing a good job of staying away from those chips in the cupboard.

krystalr
Tue, Sep-28-10, 09:53
Welcome! Glad you decided to start posting ;)

You've done really well so far - great job! The temptation is not fun, but you'll continue to surprise yourself with how much willpower you develop, and then how much those things no longer tempt you.

Keep up the good work!

MrCleanser
Tue, Sep-28-10, 10:11
I honestly can't believe how quickly the weight came off.... Now when I look at the scale and I've only lost 1/2 a lb I'm like: "Hey! What's wrong with this stupid thing, must be broken!" But I suppose it'll probably slow down from here. It's so encouraging to look at the scale and see the number going down. lol

Benefits of a low carb lifestyle: Feel better, look better, eat good food and never feel hungry.

Detriments: Apparently you constantly have to throw away your pants.

krystalr
Tue, Sep-28-10, 10:18
Yes - clothes get expensive. And things do eventually slow down. Just keep plugging away though! It's worth the loss of pants ;)

A_New_Life
Tue, Sep-28-10, 12:02
Happy you are now a poster....Welcome and wishing you the best!

LowCarbJad
Wed, Sep-29-10, 07:04
Welcome and keep up the good work!!!!
How long did it take you to loose that weight so far?
DONT EAT THE CHIPS hahaha!