PDA

View Full Version : I finally get it!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Riversong
Mon, Sep-27-10, 17:57
Just a quick hello...I started on no/low carbing back in August from reading secondopinion.com website, which has some great info on it, but I had no specific guidelines and after losing 8lbs in less than 2weeks, I started to put it all back on and more...so I panicked and went back to starvation mode, what a mistake, and eating boat loads of grapes, bigger mistake(eating the grapes partway into the diet is what lead to the weight gain in the first place and I did not realize you CAN NOT mix carbs with this diet AT ALL)!! Thanks to some great websites out there I just got back on track 3 days ago and am doing great, following the Atkins guidelines off their site, entirely for free btw! Thanks for all your great posts that have also greatly helped. :thup:

WereBear
Mon, Sep-27-10, 18:21
That's marvelous! I know you have to forget everything you've been told, but it works.

gwynne2
Mon, Sep-27-10, 19:39
Nice handle. Doctor Who?

leemack
Tue, Sep-28-10, 11:09
Just a quick hello...I started on no/low carbing back in August from reading secondopinion.com website, which has some great info on it, but I had no specific guidelines and after losing 8lbs in less than 2weeks, I started to put it all back on and more...so I panicked and went back to starvation mode, what a mistake, and eating boat loads of grapes, bigger mistake(eating the grapes partway into the diet is what lead to the weight gain in the first place and I did not realize you CAN NOT mix carbs with this diet AT ALL)!! Thanks to some great websites out there I just got back on track 3 days ago and am doing great, following the Atkins guidelines off their site, entirely for free btw! Thanks for all your great posts that have also greatly helped. :thup:

Are you talking about the Barry Groves second opinions site? If so he also has a great book 'natural health and weightloss' and another book not really about weightloss but well worth reading called 'trick and treat'

Lee

A_New_Life
Tue, Sep-28-10, 12:01
Hello and welcome

Riversong
Thu, Sep-30-10, 12:59
Yes, it is Barry Groves, from the Secondopinion website. Thanks for the welcome and the suggested reads from Barry Groves. :wave: