PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

heatercat
Sat, Sep-25-10, 14:06
Hey everyone!

I'm at a bit of a crisis point. On June 29th, I weighed in for the first time at 181, which astounded me. My previous high was 169, and I'd hovered there for so long, and suddenly I was at the 180 mark. But today, I noticed my face looked larger than usual for some reason, stepped on the scale again-- and I'm 189! I'm just astounded I've put on about 20 pounds in just the last few months without really changing my habits... I don't know if it's been my attempt to experiment with taking Acidophilus (ironically, in hopes probiotics would make me lose weight) or some natural metabolic slowdown at 27, but I have to do something right away. Starting now.

Atkins always caused me to lose weight in the past, but I could never stick it out over a month because I just don't really like meat or eggs. But I have to do this now. Something's gone very wrong with my body. At this rate, it's ridiculous-- I could be up another twenty pounds in three months more.

So, nice to meet you all!

esw
Tue, Sep-28-10, 07:36
Welcome. I am a newbie myself just wading through all the info slowly. Perhaps looking at the recipes will help you to find more lo carb ideas that you do enjoy. Wouldn't have thought your metabolism would slow down too much at 27! Any way hope you find what you are looking for :)

BCommitted
Tue, Sep-28-10, 09:04
Hi HeaterCat,

I would be a bit concerned if my lifestyle had not changed and I put on 20lbs. I would suggest that a trip to your doctor might not be amiss. There could be a medical condition behind your weight gain.

Just a thought : ).
Best of luck on your journey!
BCommitted