PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TDeezy
Thu, Sep-23-10, 18:25
Hi everyone! I'm TDeezy a 31 year old female from Ms. I am a lpn and a mother of a 15 year old and a 9 year old. I have tried every diet known it worked temporarily but of course the weight return and more! My highest weight was 300.8 and I'm 5'11 so it didn't look like I was that big but I was. That's was also my breaking point hitting the 300's! I became over weight after my first child at the young age of 16! At any rate on Nov 12th 2009 I decided to eat right and exercise! I started counting calories at 1500 calories a day and exercising! I lost 68# by April! Since then my weight has plateaued up and down! I have actually lost a few pounds lately and my weight now fluctuates from 228-230#. I knew a lady that lost a lot of weight on Atkins and I actually tried Atkins for a week during the months I was trying to get over my plateau and change up my eating pattern and exercise regime and I actually lost 4# the next week but I fell off track. That's how I found the CAD and decided to give it a try and considering the fact that my year anniversary is approaching that's how long I gave myself to lose 100#. I hope to learn a lot from others experience and advice and achieve my 1st goal so all advice is welcome and good luck to all those that's trying to lose weight and congratulation to those who have achieved their goals!

esw
Thu, Sep-30-10, 14:41
Hope you find lots of helpful information TDeezy. There is such a lot of different experiences on here. I am slowly trawling through it trying to find clues!!!!. All the best :)

Chris_D
Fri, Oct-01-10, 09:39
Welcome and best wishes for a healthy and happy journey!

Be prepared, stay focused, remain positive and remember this is a lifestyle!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :agree:

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

crs
Mon, Oct-04-10, 18:41
Welcome :)
You've come to the right place for great advice and lots of support! Congratulations on your loss so far, even though you didn't lose doing low carb. I think that you'll agree that diets do work. It's just hard and unrealistic for many of us to maintain them as a lifestyle and that is why we regain when following a "diet". The Low Carb Way of Eating has lots of great benefits! If you give yourself the opportunity to learn all you can about why LC works and committ to incorporating those changes into your lifestyle the benefits are awesome and you'll be at goal in no time. Wishing you much success! :)

Candiflip
Mon, Oct-04-10, 21:51
Welcome! And lots of luck to you! Be sure to start a journal :)