PDA

View Full Version : Its been 7 days....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bekkidee
Tue, Sep-14-10, 01:21
:D

Hihi

I am finally joining after seven days on atkins! It's been up and down with how I feel. I had some rough patches and am hoping I can continue .. I love writing blogs so I hope this will help me support through the challenge.

I have been cooking a whole lot and now looking for different recipes etc...

I am 197 when I started and lost 3 lbs so far.. I feel discouraged... I wanted to see more drop... But maybe this week may be more...

I am going to Miami in march 2011 with 311 band cruise to Turks and caicos islands.. I wanna look smoking!!! I want to lose 40lbs...in 6 months... Is that realistic????

Thanks for reading....
Will b blogging more...
I need the motivation and support :D

oblong
Tue, Sep-14-10, 05:03
Hello and welcome!

3lbs in the first 7 days is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Everyone is different and some people might lose more or less than others. Just try to stick to your plan and you will see results. When the scale stops moving (and it will), this means that your body is probably just adjusting to the weight loss and you will find that your measurements will be changing, so I would suggest measuring your waist and hips etc. in preparation for when this happens so that you are not further disheartened.

I think 40lbs in 6 months is a reasonable goal if you're looking at an average of 2lbs per week. Some weeks you will lose more, some less.

Embrace this new way of life, and if you stumble, just get right back on it. And keep coming here for support! :)