PDA

View Full Version : can I do it?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kimmellen
Sat, Sep-11-10, 14:11
I'm fat... ridiculously fat!... I can't believe I've gotten this fat!... I was slim as a teenager... I got married and I gained weight continuously year after year... I was married to my wonderful husband for 23 years but he died in Dec, 2008.... Our life pretty much consisted of eating and drinking and being merry.... Boy oh boy did that take a tole on my body!.... I met another wonderful man in Nov, 2009... He and I started working out at a gym in March 09, (never done this before!) and we were very consistent until 2 weeks ago.... Even while we were working out I managed to gain weight.... I have finally decided that starting Monday, Sept 13, 2010, I'm gonna start watching my carbs... and get back to the gym...Fortunately, my new love is very supportive and will join this venture with me... Several people that we know have been very successful by low carb dieting so I think I want to try this again as well.... I lost weight on a low carb diet several years ago... I remember it being fairly easy to follow and I'm hoping I can do it again... Any suggestions, helpful hints or encouraging words are very welcome!....

Blackstone
Sat, Sep-11-10, 15:01
Welcome Kimmellen! :) This is a great site, people are so supportive, informed and kind. I'm sure you'll do great. May I suggest that you buy and read the Atkins book. Even if you've done this before...its a good reminder of how it works and what rules to follow. I'm only just starting on my adventure as well. :) Best of luck to you!

Almajo
Sat, Sep-11-10, 17:18
Yes, you can do it --- if you want to really bad, follow the Atkins program after reading the book from cover to cover, and expect to make this adventure a change of lifestyle - not a "diet".

Wishing you wonderful low carb success, Alma