PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jas1150
Sat, Sep-11-10, 04:53
:wave: Hi everyone,

I am Jasmina, 34, living in Dubai - Middle East. I have started the new Atkins diet on the 28th May 2010 and already lost 26 lbs. I was on induction for 9 weeks and then moved to OWL. While i was strict during induction, i fell of the wagon many a times since i moved to OWL. Nevertheless i lost 4 lbs and apparently lots of inches because my clothes have become unwearable. I'm considering going back to induction for couple of weeks, maybe more. I've been procrastinating with exercising so get moving is my priority now.

I enjoy the low-carb WOE so looking forward to sticking around for quite some time. And did i mention, i got my mother to do Atikins as well.

Cheers,
Jasmina

MidoriB
Sat, Sep-11-10, 10:30
Hi Jasmina-
I'm curious about the Atkins diet. The more I read on others' successes, I'm wondering if I should give it a try as opposed to the South Beach diet. Do you find you're eating a lot of red meat and fatty foods? Perhaps I have just completely misunderstood information about the particular plan as I've only heard from little things people say here and there, but have never actually read an Atkins book (and I'm sure plenty have their opinions when they know very little about the actual diet). I was under the impression it was a lot of unhealthy foods that were just low in carbs, but it sounds like a lot of people seem to like it.

jas1150
Sun, Sep-12-10, 03:39
Hi,

i don't really eat much of red meat. I developed new liking for fish and seafood. I feel i eat much healthier on Atkins than before. Why don't you visit www.atkins.com and expore a bit. I started with the new book on Atkins "New Atkins new You" (i hope i got the title right :) )

Jas