PDA

View Full Version : day 2, and new to you

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mamasu
Sun, Aug-29-10, 14:18
thought I'd start day two- day one here-with a thanks to all of you who are on this forum..i've learned alot just reading your posts so thought i'd tell you about me...3 years ago i wen to ww and lost 45 pounds...and then stalled...and i've been stuck there ...at 64 i have 60 ouunds to lose and with the success of my husband on atkins i decided to give it a try....counting points for me meant allowing way too many carbs..so since ive been journaling for 3 yrs now i think that is part of my routine..changing my eating plan meant really cleaning out the pantry..but since i love to cook ..i'm looking forward to actually losing weight. reading the posts gives me many ideas about what i had thought and what would be a best way to proceed..originally i took the info from the atkins website..then after 2 days of researching what others found helpful i ordered the dr. atkins new revolution 2002...? previously i ordered the new atkins book recommended on the website/ I seemd like that one isn't a fav..they should arrive by tues..in the meantime i'm working with the lists and info from the website..i wish all the best as we begin ..
:wave:

krystalr
Sun, Aug-29-10, 18:52
Welcome, welcome!

How great to have a husband who's already following plan ( or has followed) - that will certainly be a help. My husband and I started Atkins in November of last year, and have both lost 100lbs since (he's almost to 120). It's amazing what we can do once we set our mind to it!

mamasu
Mon, Aug-30-10, 10:33
right now i'm a bit hungary and unsure what to eat for a snack...so i need to get the paperwork out...for breakfast i had 1 cup of salad and ham with mustard....and !T ground flaxseed.. as i am a bit constipated...any suggestions for something to eat with celery...and have you used the atkins drinks..they appear to be actually low carb