PDA

View Full Version : abbreviations

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

abbyellen
Wed, Apr-24-02, 13:12
Hi:
I'm new at this sort of thing and not very good on the computer. I was reading something on the website and it referred to "IMHO"
Can someone tell me what it refers to? abbyellen

GatorGal93
Wed, Apr-24-02, 13:18
In My Humble Opinion

HTH (Hope This Helps),
Julie

doreen T
Wed, Apr-24-02, 14:01
Hi there abbyellen, welcome to our forum.

If you click on "Low Carb Tips" from the orange menu bar at the top of the page, scroll down the list of articles to the bottom .. you'll see Low Carb Lingo ... that's a list of many commonly used abbreviations and acronyms you'll see around this and other low-carb forums and email groups.

Then, you might want to pop into our Introductions forum to say hello ;) and tell us a bit about yourself.

Doreen

doreen T
Wed, Apr-24-02, 14:02
Oh ... I moved your post here to the Newbies' Questions section, so that others who might be wondering the same thing could see it.

Doreen

disneybebe
Wed, Apr-24-02, 15:23
Hi Abbyellen- Welcome to this forum ;)

Hi Doreen- Thanks for showing me to the Low Carb Lingo. I had absolutely no idea that BF stands for body fat. I always thought it meant boyfriend. No wonder those sentences didn't make sense to me......

doreen T
Wed, Apr-24-02, 15:33
Originally posted by disneybebe
. I had absolutely no idea that BF stands for body fat. I always thought it meant boyfriend. :eek:

Yes, I suppose it would sound kinda bad when someone wrote how they wanted to lose their BF or they wanted to have less than 20% BF.

:lol:

Doreen

p.s. - took me ages to figure out what was DANDR :daze: