PDA

View Full Version : My first Post

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

OMW363
Wed, Aug-25-10, 18:20
Hello everyone..I am 34 years old and about to join the military as a psychiatrist. Before I could do this, I needed to loose weight. I have struggled with my weight all of my life and I think that the last four years of medical school and the increased pressure in my career lead me to this. I have tried the low-carb lifestyle when I was in medical school and got along fine. I lost 50lbs, which was great, but I got lazy again when residency began and gained back about 20lbs. I started this January with a different attitude and a different way that I look at food. I started the food changes first with Induction from Atkins. I fair well with this diet because I like meat and I like veggies. The one thing that I love as well is bread and potato chips. After the first week, those cravings were gone and I did low-carbing until May when I reached 200 lbs. I had plateaued. I spoke to my cousin at this point and he said now it is time to strength train and just do some exercise. I joined bally's and went slow with doing more resistance training. My cousin had me doing abdominal crunches, squats, lunges and steps. Since you have to do a 2mi run in a certain amount of time for the military, my cousin started me walking and then incorporating jogging. I then started timing my jogs and then I was just jogging. I now do my 2mi jog in 22:18 which I started at 45 minutes, and I am a jogging fanatic. In fact, I get up at 4:45 every morning to jog and I usually do it for 1:15-2:00 daily. I can run 10miles and now offically have lost another 28 lbs as of today. Well, my goal is 140 and I am well on my way. I hope to reach goal by the end of November. I think with my dedication and my lifestyle overhaul, I'll be able to get there, stay there and maintain my weight loose. It is a battle, but it is a battle that I am finally winning...