PDA

View Full Version : Four Weeks/Five Pounds Lost!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mmoranmic
Wed, Apr-24-02, 11:29
One week of an attempt at induction
Two weeks of Atkins Induction
One week of Schwarzbein Principle

Total weight loss-5 pounds
Inches Lost-3.25

I'm glad that I switched from Atkins to Schwarzbein Principle. Sp works for me and my activity level. I can adjust my intake to account for my level/length of activity. I also like the whole foods aproach. I'm not following her program perfectly but I'm doing the best I can. I have my daily cup of coffee (water processed) and an occasional diet coke. I also have chocolate, a little bit (dark, expensive) every other day or so.

I'm exercising better than ever. I use my treadmill and hand weights and do a lot of floor work with my exercise ball. I'm working on getting my weight bench set up this weekend. On a daily basis I average 45 minutes on the treadmill (3-3.5 mile pace at an incline of 6-10%) I also hike twice a week up our local mountain, elevation 1500 ft, three mile round trip. I take our dog, Lucy with me. I also walk her at the lake five days a week but I don't really log that, it's for her. I also go out on a long run on Saturdays with my running group. Last Saturday we ran/hiked for 20 miles. I use power gels and Gu (carbo replacements) as needed to maintain my energy level. I don't overdo, I use what I need.

My first race of the season is a fifty miler here in San Diego. www.lostboysultra.com I'll take it easy on this one as we want to run the first 50 and hike back to the start for the second fifty. This will take 30-40 hours to complete the entire 100 miles. The first 50 we'll run in about 12-13 hours, then we'll shower, eat and start back. The second 50 will take the longest. It should be quite the adventure.

I feel good about what I'm doing for myself, my moods are better and I sleep like a ton of bricks! It's been a tough start of the year (hubby had motorcycle accident, he's recovering nicely) and I am grateful for this forum and all of the wisdom of the senior members (and you know who you are darlings!). I plan on staying the course one day at a time.

Regards,
Maureen

alto
Wed, Apr-24-02, 11:38
Thanks for posting that, Maureen, and congratulations! It's so nice to read a post by someone who's pleased with their results -- 5 pounds in four weeks is TERRIFIC!!! :cheer:

Have another great month and let us know how the racing/training for racing goes :)

mmoranmic
Wed, Apr-24-02, 13:24
Thank you Alto! Not too many of us SP's around here, I value your support.
MM

DebPenny
Wed, Apr-24-02, 15:12
As I started reading your post, I was equating it to another post from a member who is overdoing the exercising (he has since rethought his training schedule). But in your case, that's not the case. You are a marathon runner. Wow! I wish my feet and ankles would take that kind of stress. But when I try to run (and this has been since I was a skinny kid) my ankles dislocate so I have to be very careful about it. But then I excelled at swimming, so that made up for it.

You are doing so well, congratulations!

;-Deb
:daizy:

mmoranmic
Wed, Apr-24-02, 15:59
Dear DebPenny Fellow SP'er,
When I tried Atkins Induction I tried a long run w/o carbs, yikes, quite the experiment. Now I just don't count what I use on my long runs. I quit smoking (gee, another addiction) 12 years ago, started running a bit, got married, then I finally got back into running 3.5 years ago. It's been a lot of fun. I'm slow but steady.
The weight really makes a difference! I feel like I have a big bag of potatoes strapped to my behind. It feels good to get the weight off, although it has given me lots of strength. I love to see my fellow women out there moving no matter what they're doing.
Swimming is about the best exercise that there is, no impact whatsoever. I try to get in the pool every now and then, the water is so refreshing and healing.
Talk to ya later, Maureen

Ayaju
Sun, Apr-28-02, 18:01
Maureen ~

I have lost five pounds so far on TSP. I feel like I have discovered a gold mine with this program. It is so logical and smart. I am eating like a queen. Giving up sugar has actually been a treat :p

I do have a method for getting some sweet treats pretty healthfully though :D

Say, I live in San Diego too. I'd love to connect with you sometime. Please feel free to drop me an email!

Judy

ayari.and.ayaju~cox.net (that's the ampersand not a ~, but it does not translate in here)