PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lamooresrt
Wed, Aug-25-10, 13:03
Hi All!
I am so glad to have found this forum. I wanted to find a place online (I am online a lot with my job) where I could find support and be accountable to. My girlfriends that I am trying to diet with are not the most dedicated and I find that allows me to cheat, which I of course feel bad about afterwards.

The bottom line is that I use to be very thin & fit and then gained a lot of weight and now I want it gone once and for all.

I had lost 45 lbs counting calories and then gained about 10-15 of that back and that is where I am currently.

I hope I'm in the right place, I am following The G.I. Diet by Rick Gallop, and I see that mostly what is being restricted is Carbs. Not all carbs but the really ugly ones (or so I guess....I've always LOVED carbs.... lol)

Well that's it, my name is Lori, nice to meet you all! I hope to find tips, encouragement and a community I can be accountable to.

Cheers!
L