PDA

View Full Version : New Start

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carnivore2
Tue, Aug-17-10, 12:44
Soooo im 38, was 130 until i found out i was pregnant with twins. After they were born i just kept eating and not working out and ended up at 210 where i am now. Nothing fits, ive been living in baggy sweats and shirts, and i just cant do it anymore. Im just...done. Started the LC yesterday, and have been fighting cravings for carbs ( like a Milky Way ) but havent given in. ive decided not to step on the scale for the first 30 days, and stay in the clothes i have until they fall off. lol

Wish me luck that i can make it to my goal and be fit by 40.

JohnGibson
Tue, Aug-17-10, 12:58
Welcome to the forum! You won't find another place on the net that is as supportive of this Way of life!

Here are a few suggestions that I have found helpful:

1) You say you are on Atkins, its a great diet, and a great way of life. However if you don't own the book I am going to get down on my cyber knees and beg you to buy one.

2) READ THE BOOK - don't let anything as important as your health and weightless left to chance. The book will give you the science behind the diet, How it works and Why it works. It also has inspiring stories.

If you don't have a lot of cash, then don't buy it new, buy it used. Amazon has quite a few copies at a penny apiece, with shipping you can get away with about 4.00 and delivered to the door.

If you don't want to do that, then hit the used book store. You will find it for a buck.

My personal favorite is "Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution" which is the 1992 book which was an update to his 1972 book.

3) Start an online journal and post in it Instructions are here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389

Once you start posing, then visit other journals and make online friends. You will build yourself a support community of people who know where you have been, and there are those who have lots of advice.

Finally, use an online tool to track your food. My personal favorite is MYPLAN which is right here on the site. it on the Menu bar next to Gallery. If you find the pounds are not coming off there are many of us who will look over the foods and make suggestions on where to tighten up the program to help.

Welcome!!!

John

erinleigh
Tue, Aug-17-10, 14:53
Welcome Carnivore!!!

You have found an amazing place!