PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I've Been Brainwashed.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

darnlucky
Mon, Aug-16-10, 13:35
As I started my low carbohydrate plan this morning, it really hit me how brainwashed I have been about eating fats. I am a product of the low fat generation, and I've got the central obesity to prove it! Despite being told repeatedly that I am insulin resistant, that I'm one step away from Type 2 Diabetes, that a low carb diet is one that I should embrace, today was the first day I actually decided to do something about it.

The food I've eaten today has been heavenly. I haven't felt hungry every 30 minutes, and my tastebuds are celebrating. Mentally, I feel like I've been freed from a prison. It's okay to actually ENJOY your food.

I am so happy to be here!

krystalr
Mon, Aug-16-10, 13:52
...and WE are happy to have YOU! :)

Welcome to the group. I, too, have been freed from a life of low fat this, low calorie that, 100 calorie packs of this....and it's AMAZING! I have absolutely LOVED this change, and embrace it 110%. My only regret is not starting sooner.

Best wishes to you on this journey! Start a journal, and visit others so that we can all get to know you :)

pinkkii
Tue, Aug-17-10, 07:50
I am quite new to this too, I started 3.5weeks ago. I am already 14.5lb lighter and life has never tasted so good. I tried weight watchers for about 9 months and gained 8lb, I have now found a WOE that really suits me and the results speak for themselves.
If you stick to the plan then it WILL work for you. Good luck with your journey to a new you.

erinleigh
Tue, Aug-17-10, 08:26
Welcome Darnlucky!!!!!!!

You've found a great place to help embrace your new WOL!

:)

:wiggle:

HAPPY LOSING!

E

WereBear
Tue, Aug-17-10, 08:33
Congrats!

Yes, at first you have this "What the heck" feeling, because it's totally opposite everything you've been told.

But ya know... I bet it's not the first time that's happened?

Enjoy!

pinkclouds
Tue, Aug-17-10, 09:00
Welcome to the forum! And to lowcarbing. Isn't it the best thing ever??!

sondora88
Tue, Aug-17-10, 09:07
Oh my goodness, you've perfectly phrased exactly how I felt two months ago! Brainwashed is exactly the right word, welcome to the forum!! We're free!!! :D

JohnGibson
Tue, Aug-17-10, 10:10
GEEZ...

you aren't kidding... I still start peeling off the chicken skin when I eat chicken...

I still look at the calories on my plan... I have to remember its Carbs not Calories (for the most part)

John

darnlucky
Wed, Aug-18-10, 14:08
Thanks, everybody! I did start a journal, and am doing great here on Day 3. I am enjoying every bite of food, and can't believe that I'm not standing in front of the fridge every hour looking for something to eat. It's a miracle! :)

RAcaseal
Wed, Aug-18-10, 17:16
I loooove that my appetite has been suppressed and blood sugar evened out by the low-carb diet. Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I feel just like the books say you will, "Oh, did I miss lunch? I didn't even realize it, I'm not even hungry!"

Hooray for having the courage to go against everything our family, friends, government, and doctors have been telling us about fat!
:cheer: