PDA

View Full Version : Back Again After 7 Years

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cottage63
Mon, Aug-16-10, 08:48
Hi Folks,

Wanted to introduce myself here . . . I lost 35 lbs on the Atkins diet in 2001, but went through a divorce & some tough times and managed to put this back on between 2004-2006. I’ve been struggling since, so I’m returning to a low carb diet, as this is the only thing that allowed me to control my weight and not be constantly hungry!

The road ahead *appears to me* to be a long one, so I’m hoping this forum will provide oppty for me to give and receive support!

krystalr
Mon, Aug-16-10, 09:13
Welcome!

The good news is this - you know what works, and you know how to make it work! :) You've got the battle won already!

I'd recommend getting a copy of the book if you don't still have it and give it a front to back re-read. It's been a while since you've done this, and things get hazy for all of us. Start a journal, and visit others on the site - it's a great way to get to know "us" and for us to get to know you! :)

Use the My PLAN tool at the top of the forum to track your food. It was a critical step in me getting the hang of this way of eating and key in me learning how to make my meals work for me instead of against!

LC_mermaid
Tue, Aug-17-10, 17:41
Hi, welcome back on the journey, mine is going to be a long one too. Its good to have your here. You can do this!

glorooster
Wed, Aug-18-10, 08:54
Hi everyone my name is Gloria I also have a long journey to get this weight off, I did Atkins years ago and lost 70 pounds since then I have gained 70 pounds back +100 more, but I am determined to get it off and keep it off!! I started July 21 and as of this morning (I weigh myself on Wednesdays) I am down 20 pounds. I have been reading your posts for a while before I decided to join,Krys, I have been reading your recipes, I can't wait to make the key lime pie, one of my favorites I am placing an order today to netrition. Congratulation's on your weight loss, you look a lot smaller than 165 pounds, I hope you guys will be there for me on my journey. Gloria:wave:

ValarieLC
Fri, Sep-03-10, 12:12
Hi Cottage63 and Gloria... Krys, I've been reading your recipes, also... awesome!!

This is my second time, too. I lost around 35lbs on Atkins a few years ago, got cocky :) and stopped doing it. Then a couple of years ago I was diagnosed the type 2 Diabetes. I had very high cholesterol, triglycerides and everything else. I decided to change my way of eating for good and went back to Atkins.
I'm new to the boards, but I've been doing this WOE for almost a year. I've lost 52lbs, but still need to lose around 15-20lbs more. But, the best part is I am no longer Diabetic and all my blood work is back down to normal :)

So ladies, the road may be long, but I've decided I have no choice but to eat this way the rest of my life, anyway. Not just because of the weight, but for my health.

So, hang in there... its so worth it!

anabel6
Sun, Sep-05-10, 11:19
Hi Everyone, I'm Annie and I am also back after several years...lost 50 lbs a couple of times in the last 15 years..ended up needing to take pills for diabetes...so, I know what works, as you say, I am going to plead insanity, because I must have been nuts to ever have stopped eating LC...but, I can also say that when I messed up my blood sugar it seemed to mess up my thinking too..that's not an excuse, but I am at bottom now..and I know I have to stay with the LC, and I may even have to ask for help sometimes...This is a good place..people are kind and helpful..actually, I think it's the best place I've ever seen online as far as people being helpful and understanding..so..I am going to come here everyday, and I am going to give this the best effort I can..otherwise, diabetes is going to get total control...then I'm in big trouble with my health for sure....I look forward to being here...thanks...

ValarieLC
Tue, Sep-07-10, 07:56
anabel6... thats the reason I went back to LC eating. You can get off those pills, or even get rid of the Diabetes!! I did it!! My A1C was almost 10 when I started back on Atkins. Now it's 4.8. So keep it up and let me know if you have any questions at all.

Take care,
Valarie

Chris_D
Tue, Sep-07-10, 11:42
Welcome to all of you!

You have come to the right place for support, motivation and inspiration!

You are worth every effort!

We have all been there, done that in some form or another but we know that this is the right lifestyle for us.

As Krys mentioned, start a journal, its a great way to get to know one another and build a support network; its like having access to your own private cheering section!

Best wishes on your journey!

~ Chris ~

kellyd23
Tue, Sep-07-10, 14:15
Hi Folks,

Wanted to introduce myself here . . . I lost 35 lbs on the Atkins diet in 2001, but went through a divorce & some tough times and managed to put this back on between 2004-2006. I’ve been struggling since, so I’m returning to a low carb diet, as this is the only thing that allowed me to control my weight and not be constantly hungry!

The road ahead *appears to me* to be a long one, so I’m hoping this forum will provide oppty for me to give and receive support!

I welcome you, you can welcome me..........BACK! And back to this forum! At least it took you two years to put on mine only took one :p Well this forum really helps to keep you on track, a lot of support, and a lot of people who can answer most(not all) of your questions.