PDA

View Full Version : Completely New to Low-Carbing(:

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

eaturner
Sun, Aug-15-10, 12:28
So, as of tomorrow, my husband and I will be beginning the Atkin's Diet. He's not extremely excited, but I most certainly am. Of course, I need it more than he does. I have an 11 month old, and before now just haven't really applied myself to trying to lose the baby weight. Pre-baby I weighed 105lbs at 5ft1, and I now have 40 more pounds.. I weigh as much as I did when I gave birth to my son.

Basically I'm just looking for some kind of a support group and hope I've found that here (:

JohnGibson
Sun, Aug-15-10, 16:20
eaturner,

Your hubby should be excited. Low Carb is guy friendly! Steaks, Chops, Hamburgers etc.

1) Start a journal and post in it. If you hubby would like have him sign here, and have him visit some of the guys here, since I am one of them I extend a offer to have him visit.

Here are the instructions on how to start a journal:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389

2) If you don't have an Atkins book, then please either get a copy from the Library, or buy one. You can get them real cheap from Amazon.

Personally my favorite is Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. Which was a revision of his 1972 book. This is the plan I follow and have lost 80 pounds in 8 months.

This group is very supportive.

Thomas1492
Mon, Aug-16-10, 00:52
yes this a great forum for support..but not only by going Locarb will you lose weight ,but you will find that you 'll start paying very close attention to ingredient labels watching for hidden carbs,and then you notice all the junk in processed food...Additives,flavorings,preservatives,colorings...and you realize why most americans are in such poor health..
And you start cooking from scratch and making your food homemade and after a while you look at the boxed food on the shelves and you think"OMG how could I have ever put that stuff in my mouth!!!..."

Beez in BR
Mon, Aug-16-10, 05:58
Welcome! You've come to the right place! :)

Have you seen the movie 'Fat Head'? It's sprinkled throughout with interviews of doctors in support of low carb and it helps explain the science behind it. My husband wasn't supportive until he watched it. Now he 'tries' (but not very hard) to do low carb with me. At least he doesn't pick on me anymore.

I do all of the cooking and grocery shopping, so that helps.

What LC books have you read so far?