PDA

View Full Version : I'm New at this!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lmrh69
Sat, Aug-14-10, 19:55
Hi everyone! I'm new at this posting stuff. I hope I got it right!
I'm looking for people in the Kansas City area that do Low Carb. I need a support group to call on once in awhile to get ideas of what to try at resturants and shopping. :help:

LC_mermaid
Tue, Aug-17-10, 17:13
Hi, welcome and congrats on lsoing 28 lbs!

lmrh69
Wed, Aug-18-10, 20:10
Hi LC Mermaid (what a original name!)! And thanks for the encouragement. But, look at you! 101 #'s lost. Congratulations! How long have you been LC'ing? I just started in March and am at a 'stall'(?). I haven't been journaling like I did at first. I think that's the key. Do you journal your meals? Induction is kind of boring. I need variety. Maybe you can give me some ideas on foods you like to make sometime.
Thanks for replying to my post! Can I add you to my buddy list? Where do you live? I'm from the Kansas City area.

LC_mermaid
Sun, Aug-22-10, 09:45
Hi, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I have been LCing since May 09. I had one really long stall, but I am considering it 100 lbs in a year. That would have sounded like a long time in the begining too me, but it flys by. I don't tend to journal my food, I have in my journal from time to time put up my food. I tend to talk about ny struggles and my !!! moments. You can check out my journal by clicking the journal link in the bottom right hand corner of this post. I like to try alot of recipes, here are the links to the recipe forum here and to Linda's LC a good site for tips and recipes. I live in WV and yes you can add me to your buddy list. If you post in my journal you will get a notice when I post. Having a journal to post to if I am feeling like a cheat or if I need to confess has helped me tremendously. You really need to start one. You can do this!!

Linda's LC
http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Recipe forums
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2