PDA

View Full Version : Slow start

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CassieKit
Fri, Aug-06-10, 08:42
I have done Atkins before - first time lost over 20#, that was in my 20s. Since then have tried it a few times but can't seem to stay with it long enough to reach that sense of no cravings! Lately, do well in the mornings and into the afternoon then decide(or that little devil lol decides) to cheat because I deserve it! It has become a bad habit. I am in my 50's now and need to lose at least 40#. I have no health issues now except it isn't as easy for me to get around. I hope I can find the help I need here and within myself to lose this weight before health issues come aknockin. Thanks for any support and suggestions you may have for me. I have been setting up my journal and PLAN that Melanie suggests and moving ahead.

krystalr
Fri, Aug-06-10, 09:37
Welcome!

I think the thing that was helpful to me was finding rewards other than food. If I lost weight, I'd reward myself with a new top, a pedicure, a haircut...things like that. Food rewards are a bad idea for so many reasons, and I know this isn't news to you ;)

Best of luck on your journey - we're all here to help! :)