PDA

View Full Version : New Here and to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JMollett
Tue, Aug-03-10, 11:50
Hi, I am Jennifer, a married stay at home mom to 2 girls. I have been over weight most of my adult life and I am taking the weight by the horns and getting it off. I started the Atkins induction on July 21, 2010. So I hit my 2 week mark on Wed. So far I have lost 10 lbs! I am super excited about it and look forward to meeting my goal! My first goal is to get under 200 lbs, which I have 31 lbs to go to be at 199 and meet that goal! This is going to be a life changing year for me!

I am glad to have found this site and look forward to learning and losing!!

krystalr
Tue, Aug-03-10, 12:03
Welcome!

We have very similar starting weights and "ending" weights. It CAN be done :) Welcome to the board. It's a great group

Symphonyod
Tue, Aug-03-10, 12:23
Welcome!! This is a wonderful site! I hope you make yourself at home.

JadeRoxy
Tue, Aug-03-10, 12:43
Hey Jen, I started weeks ago too and am pretty much the same weight as you we can be atkins buddies!! plus i did atkins before about 5 years ago so if you have any questions i might be able to help you out. Well done on the 10 pounds! great start x

JMollett
Tue, Aug-03-10, 21:33
Thanks for the welcome, Krys and Jade, it is so nice to meet women with the same situation I am in!!

Krys, can you give me some ideas of what you ate and how long did you do the induction phase?

Jade, looks like we started right around the same time!! Awesome, I wish you luck!

Both of you can get me through email at Nolesgirl42~aol.com, I am new to this kind of forum set up and am getting lost alot, it took me a while to just find this 1st post, lol.

Nice to meet you and good luck with your journeys!!

And Krys you look fab!! I hope I have the same results and swift timely manner as you!!