PDA

View Full Version : New to site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lsidor
Fri, Jul-30-10, 11:19
Hello everyone, :wave:

I went low carb about nine years ago, lost 45 pounds, messed up, and gained it back. I got back on in January (2010). As of this morning, I've lost 41 pounds. I'm not sure how low I want to go. It's been so long since I've seen any numbers below 260 (how low I got the first time) I guess I'll know when I get there. I'm so excited that I'll be in "new numbers" in just a few pounds.

I'm looking forward to swapping tips and support.
-Lisa

LC_mermaid
Fri, Jul-30-10, 15:58
Hi Lisa, 41 lbs !!! congratulations :Party:

ringamajig
Fri, Jul-30-10, 16:05
Hi Lisa and welcome. 41 pounds, awesome girl!!! :cheer:

Roxanne

BlueSojrn
Fri, Jul-30-10, 18:35
Welcome, Lisa!

So many of us have been successful at low carb before and gone astray, only to come back and truly "get it" the second or third time.

Congrats on the 41 lbs so far! You're doing great!

lsidor
Wed, Aug-04-10, 15:23
Thanks for the support ladies. I notice your goal weights are very low compared to mine. How did you choose them? I've always been comfortable being big, just not as big as I got recently. I felt like a million bucks at 175 pounds when I was 35, but I thought that was too "pie in the sky" for age 54. Maybe not.....but I figure I'd need a full body lift if I lost that much! There's probably a thread on this topic, so I'll go looking.

Chris_D
Wed, Aug-04-10, 20:08
Welcome Aboard Lisa!!

Congrats on your awesome success thus far!

If you are unsure of a goal weight, why not focus on smaller goals of say ten pounds at a time and see how you feel and go from there.

Continued success!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

LC_mermaid
Wed, Aug-04-10, 20:25
In the begining I just wanted to get to 299, then I got there, then I figured I'd pick a longshot 149lbs goal. I probably weighed that in freshman year of high school. I would be very happy at 175 too. I am only 5ft 2 so that actually is high for my height. I might just pass out when I see it on the scale.