PDA

View Full Version : New and making it official by joining group

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rebecca B
Fri, Jul-30-10, 00:42
After years of attempting to control weight I am forced into low carb...finally! I am actually a skinny fat chic. Any of you out there? It lived most my life too skinny, even staying thin after two kids but then came the cellulite...gross, but if you avoid bathing suits no one is the wiser, right?! Next came the muffin top. Why is it such a cute name? Then, even tho relatively thin except thru the mid section, came the loss of muscle tone so it wasn't just avoid swim suits anymore it was avoid tank tops, skirts, shorts...you get the point.

Ive had this annoying symptom happen over the past 20 years where I would eat out and then look pregnant. Easy answer was to call it allergies and not eat out often. Unfortunatly over the last 2 yrs it has happened more and more often. I finally had enough of the distension and pain and 4 weeks ago I found out I have celiac and hypochloridia. Believe me feels like a blessing because without the scary diagnosis that leaves me unable to eat any gluten at all I would most likely be a junkie forever! I am fairly ill but didn't 'get it' until all my tests came back. Turns out my excessive body fat % which makes me so jiggly and squishy is because I am suffering from malnurishment and I have come to realize I am very fortunate that I have started seeking help.

Now I have been hit with the reality that I either change out wheat products for empty rice or corn carbs and never conquer the muffin or feel grounded with stable blood sugar or I ignore the gluten free high carb replacement products and live LC.

My only hesitation in becoming LC is my sweet tooth. Im sure I am alone! :help: I can't eat fake sugars like maltitol. I love the idea of Atkins but if I eat a bar or have a shake I am looking 6 months pregnant and suffer unreal pain for 3 days. Hopefully I can learn to bake without wheat and with Erythritol?? Or more to the point, I hope someone does so I can copy their recipes...me and creativeness in the kitchen don't go hand in hand...

So here I am! I have peeked around this site for over a year. I guess on some level I knew this would become my lifestyle! Hello to all of you I have ease dropped on and stolen recipes from...and I thank you for having such a supportive and friendly group that I feel blessed to join.

Cheers~Rebecca looking for spell check and not seeing it...not good....

LC_mermaid
Fri, Jul-30-10, 15:52
Hi Rebecca, welcome I still can't find the spell check either. Here is a link to another site with some great recipes and tips. Good luck

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

BlueSojrn
Fri, Jul-30-10, 18:47
If you get the "taste of sweet" out of your diet, you may come to not crave it in not too long a time. That's what happened to me. I love the freedom!

Welcome and good luck!

Rebecca B
Fri, Jul-30-10, 23:01
Wow I like the induction menu on the site you sent as well as the stories! Amazing!