PDA

View Full Version : Starting a lifestyle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Heracles
Wed, Jul-28-10, 09:15
Hi,

I have been on the low-carb roller coaster for years and years. I have tried starting Atkins everyday for the past 10 years. Today I am doing something different. Today I am starting a lifestyle.

I have been on several Atkins sites. I am registered with Atkins.com. They have some great info on that site. However, their forum is horrible. I also go to http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/. They have a good site but are stuck in using only the 2002 DANDR book. I am using the 2010 book and I find it will be more helpful to me in my 'new' lifestyle.

Even though I have an overall weight loss goal, for the moment I am working on increments of 10% weight loss goals.

JadeRoxy
Wed, Jul-28-10, 09:21
Good luck Heracles! Stick with it - for a few days and soon all of the cravings and hunger will disapear! the first week is the hardest but you will be rewarded! XX

LC_mermaid
Wed, Jul-28-10, 10:11
Hi Heracles, welcome, I have had alot of starts too. I call all the times I tried before, the tests drives for the big trip. I also checked out other site and ended up coming here and feeling right at home. Don't hesitate to ask questions and join in the conversation. I have noticed already that there are alot of people joining who are using the new Atkins book too, so you are in good company.

Heracles
Thu, Jul-29-10, 06:45
Thanks everyone!

Chris_D
Thu, Jul-29-10, 08:03
Welcome Aboard! :wave: Glad you're here!

This is the best place for support, motivation and inspiration.

Think about starting a journal; its an excellent tool to track your thoughts and to get to know your fellow Low-Carbers! Feel free to pop by mine :)

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

MMorgan33
Fri, Jul-30-10, 14:23
Hang in there Heracles! This is your time to shine and show yourself and everyone around you that real change can happen with perseverence and the right attitude.

BlueSojrn
Fri, Jul-30-10, 18:54
Welcome Heracles!

A lot of us know about that roller coaster. It's time to get off of it and leave the park! You can do this!

Good look! You're already doing great!