PDA

View Full Version : Third time's a charm?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BluiizCA
Mon, Jul-26-10, 00:33
I was an active member from late '06 to early '07. I did very well on Atkins and lost over 60 lbs. I remember how good that felt and, more importantly, how good I felt about myself.

So here I am three years later after a string of bad relationships, difficult relationships with my two adult children, and empty-nesting alone. I've realized that the amount of time I spend on myself is directly related to how well my relationships in life are going.

I tried to get back on the wagon a year ago. It was way more difficult the second time. Weight loss was much slower and I became discouraged easily. I had some success but then got back into another bad relationship and fell off the wagon again.

Last month, I got myself into therapy. This month, I'm re-committing not only to this WOL, but to putting myself first. I do believe I understand now why I struggled with a commitment to taking care of myself. I plan to stay in therapy and I plan to continue to take care of ME for a change!

I will see my doctor next week and have prepared myself for not-so-lovely bloodwork (lipid and glucose). It's time to dig in and not lose sight of why I MUST do this.

So I'm waving high to all the new people here, and if any of you folks have been around as long as I have, I'm glad to be back! I started back on induction 7/22/10 and, as of today, I've lost 7 lbs.

I'm looking forward to the encouragement this group is so wonderful at providing and hope I can return the favor as I embark on this healthy lifestyle once again.

cnmLisa
Mon, Jul-26-10, 08:21
Yes. Third times a charm. I am here to attest to that!

and yes, I remember you!

Glad you're back and putting YOU as a priority in YOUR life:wave:

PRogress not perfection.

Lisa

LC_mermaid
Tue, Jul-27-10, 20:44
Hi, its good that you are back. It sounds like you are ready to do this. Congratulations on losing 7 lbs!!! You are off to a great start. Good luck.

ringamajig
Tue, Jul-27-10, 20:46
Hi Third. :wave:

Welcome back and best of luck to you on your LC journey.
Roxanne