PDA

View Full Version : Hi Just started Atkins today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chatylud1
Fri, Jul-23-10, 04:44
Hoping it works for me.

Just started with the Advantage shakes. Made a shake this morning -tasted Ok.

Intend to use the shakes for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.Not keen on the meat. Have been a veggie for years the idea of eating meat is ok but when I tried it the other day-- it was tasteless and chewy. The smell of meat is a struggle also.

Anyone else using the shakes? How you finding them?

Agonoize
Fri, Jul-23-10, 04:59
Welcome as you can see I am new as well. I asked about the bars and got a reply about the bars and shakes not being used during the induction phase. Though I could be wrong please correct me if I am. Anyway the induction phase is 2 weeks then you would be using those shakes more often I suppose. It seems the more senior people here just eat healthy meat and veggie's. Best of luck to you :)

flychef
Fri, Jul-23-10, 05:01
The book "New Atkins for a New You" tells how to do Atkins if you are vegetarian or vegan. There is also a forum on this site for vegetarian low carb.