PDA

View Full Version : new to site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rebecca123
Tue, Jul-20-10, 18:37
Hello, Atkins was a good way of life for me several years ago. I abandoned that way of life a two years ago. Since then I became chubby and I am exhausted everyday, whether I worked hard or not, whether I slept 8 hours or not. My main goal by returning to the Atkins way of eating is to regain the energy I once had. I am 33, too young to NEED a nap everyday. :wave:

ringamajig
Tue, Jul-20-10, 18:44
Hello and welcome. :wave:

Glad you have found us. This is a great site for lots of great info and support also.

Roxanne

SammyJo10
Tue, Jul-20-10, 19:04
I am a newbie to the site as well. Day 3 on Inudction of Atkins. I hate to look at myself in the mirror. I have 64 lbs to go to a goal weight of 130. So here's to all the newcomers! Trying to stay on Induction for 6 weeks before I move on to phase 2. This will be hard! But like you the support from others helps!

LC_mermaid
Tue, Jul-20-10, 22:16
Rebecca, welcome back to LC ! good luck.

JohnGibson
Wed, Jul-21-10, 07:44
Welcome!

Here are a few of things that I have found helpful:

A) Start a journal, and visit other people's journals. The support is great.

B) Use the MYPLAN feature of the site. It will help keep track of what you are eating.

C) use the recipes section, There are some very wonderful things in there.

There are instructions on starting a journal here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389

Chris_D
Wed, Jul-21-10, 09:05
Welcome!! :wave:

This is an awesome community of very friendly, helpful and supportive folks! Its amazing what you learn and gain everyday from this forum!

Think about starting a journal and feel free to pop by mine, its an excellent way to diarize your thoughts, feelings, successes trials and tribulations.

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

Rebecca123
Fri, Jul-23-10, 15:34
Okay, I am a loser (not of weight-yet), I only could stand induction for one full day. I cheated, but I cheated with fruit (albeit a ton of it). I have been reading about the Paleo diet and think that would be a better fit for me. I can do without salty meat, dairy, and beans in exchange for fruit. I have been doing this for only today so far and I feel great. I expect the weight loss to be less than with Atkins, but I feel like I will be obsessing about food a lot less, I really think this can be a good way of life eating plan for me. Maybe eventually I can wean off of the fruit also?? Anyone doing the Paleo diet experience increased energy on this eating plan? If not, I may have to muster up somemore will power for Atkins.

JohnGibson
Fri, Jul-23-10, 17:26
Rebecca,

I suggest that you try this area of the forums:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=107

this is the forum area for the Paleo.

Rebecca123
Thu, Oct-28-10, 14:07
Hello - Well I am back. I had jaw surgery last month. I lived on Ensure for 10 days, and then ate bad foods that didn't need to be chewed up until today. My back teeth do not touch yet, so I still can not chew. Hopefully by January I will be eating like normal. Anyway, I can eat ground beef, tuna, and scrambled eggs since I can just swallow these items. Since I have been eating so poorly, my energy level is so low. I am exhausted everyday. I am getting back to a low carb diet today. I need to increase my energy level quick. My current lower weight is left over from the liquid diet, I need to turn my eating around now before the current weight shoots up any higher. I love this board, it is giving me the motivation I need to get back on track.