PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Patricia N
Fri, Jul-16-10, 08:24
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this venue and am very glad to be here. I am 52 and have battled with weight issues all my life. I've tried almost every diet out there, and know the true secret to success is to replace old habits with new, to expend more calories than I take in, and to be patient, because Rome wasn't built in a day, and I didn't get fat overnight!
I have suspected a yeast overgrowth issue for several years, but haven't adressed it. It's now time to discern whether my joint pain, brain fog and exhaustion are diet-related or symptoms of something else. I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of low carb, because I LOVE my carbs, and it pains me not to eat potatoes and breads to my hearts content. However, while on South Beach, I felt an "incredible lightness of being", if you will. I had tons of energy, was clear-headed and my joint pain was noticeably reduced. I had also moved beyond the desire for sugar and carbs, and really felt great. I have fallen off the wagon, though, and am struggling to re-gain control. I was at a graduation party a few weeks ago and ate hot dogs on white rolls, baked beans, chips, cookies, waaaaay too much cake, and a couple glasses of wine. I woke up the next morning feeling as though I'd been bludgeoned. I don't want to feel that way anymore.
My 16 year old daughter has been suffering migraine headaches for the past year, and we've recently come to the conclusion she's gluten/casein sensitive. She's removed all wheat, rye, barley and dairy from her diet, and her headaches have stopped. I am so proud of her, and am inspired by her strength to stop eating the foods she loves in order to be headache free. It's time for me to do the same.
I'm reading "The Yeast Connection" right now, and welcome any information pertaining to candida. Thanks for listening... I'm looking forward to learning a
lot!

Patricia N

ringamajig
Fri, Jul-16-10, 08:31
Hi Patricia. :wave:

Welcome to the forum. You are going to find lots of great support and some really great recipes here. What a great thing that your daughter is doing for herself and nice that she can be an inspiration for you.

Good luck on your journey.

Roxanne

GlowCarb
Fri, Jul-16-10, 08:59
Hi, welcome!! Im new here too!

tekayla
Fri, Jul-16-10, 09:37
Welcome to the site Patricia.
This is my second time around, but I am making this a way of life from here on in. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Cheers :-)