PDA

View Full Version : Back on the wagon instead of walking beside it

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NinaEiden
Thu, Jul-15-10, 13:19
Ok I am jumping back on the wagon i am so tired of jumping from one diet to another diet and it is over i am starting a new life today! My husband is on track with helping me and and i get to remodel my bedroom as soon as I reach 199. This is something that I really want and he also said if i have one cheat that the deal is off. I am glad that he is being so strict i am a carbaholic I i have one slice of toast i want to eat the whole loaf. I have to do things this strict. I do really good till i find a way to justify a cheat then for a week or more i shove everything I see in my mouth. i dont just have one pop tart i will eat the whole box. I know my personality is addictive I smoked I quit but the only way i could do it was cold turkey I had a gambling problem I had to quit that cold turkey as well so I back on the wagon abousolutly no cheating nothing is going to justify my cheat days my health and being here for a long time is more important. I am worth it I am worth it. My hubby has also asked me to write the thing that are allowed on a list so that he can cook for me and make sure that he is not hindering me by making something that i cant have. After the first week i am also going to get up early mon wed and friday and do my wii fit for 45min and i am going to go for a walk tue thus and sat in the evening. I know i can do this if i quit the other two additions i had and never looked back i can kick this one to and it is an addiction
i and addicted to carbs and carbs make me fat!!! So as of right now there are no more excuses no more i will start tom no more just one bite. the just one bite thing has come back to bite me in the ass!!! thank you for listening me rant.

Chris_D
Thu, Jul-15-10, 14:34
Welcome Aboard!! :wave:

I too am addicted to carbs! Glad to say that I am on Day 52 being 100% on program and feeling so much better! One day at a time!!

I would like to share this............it was sent to me years ago and I have read and re-read it a gazillion times! I hope it gives you a new sense of realization that WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Cheers! ~ Chris ~

This journey is more about "want power" than "will power"! When we want the results badly enough, then it becomes relatively easy to settle into the process and let it happen in its own time and way. It's a consistency and longevity based program, not one based on perfection. The most important thing is to just keep going!

Keep moving forward! The only way you "fail" is when you give up. It's a long term process and all of the training is "on the job", so be compassionate with yourself and allow yourself to learn and retrain your lifestyle to a new healthier one along the way.

No one is perfect at this. We are all just "works in progress"; beautiful ones at that!

As the famous animated fish Nemo was fond of saying, "Keep swimming!"

Let your determination be your willpower.

NinaEiden
Thu, Jul-15-10, 15:18
that is awesome and i will do it cause I really want it for so many different reasons. my health my wellbeing phyically and mentally to show my daughter a good example of what you can do when you put your mind to it and a healthy eating habbits.

ringamajig
Thu, Jul-15-10, 15:26
Hello and welcome. Lots of great support and recipes are here on this site.

You can do it! I know that your bathroom remodel is right around the corner.

Roxanne

NinaEiden
Fri, Jul-16-10, 08:16
Well I was down this morning I know that i will lose alot of water weight this week. which is fine by me allready feel better and less bloated. last night however i felt like i got hit by a freight train darn induction flue and i mean it hit me hard a headache that nothing would take away and i was light sensiety and dizzy and sick to my tummy. so basically i got a migraine which i use to get alot and havent got in about 4 year since i figured out milk is my trigger. anyway feeling much better this morning and
cant wait till i am in ketosis

LC_mermaid
Fri, Jul-16-10, 15:29
Hi, good for you getting back up on the wagon. I too have the one bite and I fold problem, you are so in the company of kindred spirits. Congrats on day 2!!! Yes you can do this. Good luck

Shannan
Sat, Jul-17-10, 19:55
Hey my name is Shannan
welcome back. i am fairly new myself and i soo get the having to be strict. Your lucky to have such a thoughtful husband. :) And yup there is no time like the present :) I cant wait to keep reading your journal and seeing your success :)

Shannan

NinaEiden
Mon, Jul-19-10, 20:19
Hi thanks for the support I plan on journaling tues thru friday when i am at work dont get on computer much on the weekend on it to much durning the the week. I am still doing very good about keeping on track. and i am now down to 229.0 this morning so I started on last thursday and on wed night i weigth 237.9. not bad know most of it is water weight but i feel so much better and dont have any cravings anymore. which is good but i need to stay focus and stay on track i am not a normal person that has the will power when i consume carbs. I will do this i am worth it.

Shannan
Tue, Jul-20-10, 05:51
Hi thanks for the support I plan on journaling tues thru friday when i am at work dont get on computer much on the weekend on it to much durning the the week. I am still doing very good about keeping on track. and i am now down to 229.0 this morning so I started on last thursday and on wed night i weigth 237.9. not bad know most of it is water weight but i feel so much better and dont have any cravings anymore. which is good but i need to stay focus and stay on track i am not a normal person that has the will power when i consume carbs. I will do this i am worth it.

Hey thats awesome!! I am sure its more than just water weight :) Good Job

NinaEiden
Tue, Jul-20-10, 10:53
i have been eating on plan I am so happy to be getting my self control back if i dont cheat i dont have a problem turning away sweets one tiny cheat and i will eat the whole box of donuts. lol I am so greatfull for my dh and daughter that are supporting me in what i do my hubby looks at my book everynight and write down my weight night and day so that i can find patterns in my weight loss the numbers dont bother me i need them to hold myslef accountable if i stop weighting i tend to stop following the plan. the morning weight is that one that really matters to me however i have found that i can see what foods tend to make me gain water weight due to much soduim. all is good i will get my bedroom redone!!! and my life back that i havent even had my entire adult life i have been obesse i will become health and learn to live my life to the full extent!!

Groovegirl
Tue, Jul-20-10, 13:40
How are you feeling today? I restarted the same day you did and the weekend was really hard - I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. Yesterday was a little hard but today much better.

NinaEiden
Tue, Jul-20-10, 15:27
today i feel pretty good. i was tired over the weekend on monday i started to feel much better and i have done this before so I really start to feel awesome at about a week and a half into it. My will power ramps up and I have so much more confindance to say no. i am a carb addict and one cheat send me into a downward spiral that usealy end with me at least 20lbs heaver and starting over again i promised myself i will get to my goal and get in to the 100's for the first time in my adult life. and get the bedroom of my dreams i seam to always get to 205 and then get stalled and give up. good luck groovegirl

NinaEiden
Wed, Jul-21-10, 12:07
I am still on plan tom it will be a week on induction i am feeling so much better not sure why i keep falling off the wagon i feel so much better when i am low carbing. I am down to 227.2 today i am really feeling the effects of the no craving and lack of hunger i didnt even finish my burger with pepper jack cheese and mushrooms with no bun of course. and i get a stack of cucumbers with a few sunflower seeds and ranch dressing i couldnt even finish about a 1/4 of the burger left and half the mushrooms. think i ordered lunch to early i ordered when i normally do but i really wasnt hungry. darn doing things out of habbit. I will get better and better about listening to my body state when i am hungery and listen to it. I cant wait till i get my bedroom failure is not a option. I will do it i will make it.

NinaEiden
Thu, Jul-22-10, 09:58
Still on track and right now i am losing about a lbs a day i am waiting for the slow down i know it is coming and promise myself that i wont get discoraged. It has been a week since i started this woe and i am down 11 lbs i know that this cant keep up but wow do i feel much better new mini goal i want to be in 2 teens.

NinaEiden
Thu, Jul-22-10, 11:16
Yummy Hubby made a awesome pork roast for dinner last night and i brought leftovers for lunch today can you say yummy yummy yummy! I am feeling great i have been drinking diet soda it seem to in me counter act the induction headache that i seem to get it has to do with caffiene anyway i have notice the last few days that i really dont want it any more i could drink a couple a day now i cant even finish one and find my self craving water instead guess it is time to go off pop all together. That is a awesome thing!!! i will still have them as a treat accounally when with a bit of heavy whipping cream to make like a float taste.

Chris_D
Thu, Jul-22-10, 16:06
11 pounds!! Now that's a jump start out of the gate, good for you!!!

Keep up the GREAT work!! :thup:

Keep swimming!
~ Chris ~

NinaEiden
Fri, Jul-23-10, 08:29
Well this morning all the hard work starts it was the first morning since i started that i wasn't any lower on weight i knew it was going to happen but i enjoyed the quick weight loss when it happened i now weight 126.2 i lost 11 lbs in 7 days not to bad for first week now i shooting for about 2 lbs a week well actually a bit more i would like to lose ten lbs in a month very reasonalble goal. I will make it i will reach my goal i will get my bedroom redone i will not disappoint my daughter husband or my self i am tiered if getting half way there falling off the wagon gaining it back and starting it all over agian i did notice this time that i didnt go all the way up to the 260 i started at i through out all my clothes that were more than two size to big so when i got into those i started over i think that i am going to do that when i move down even a size so i only have clothes that fit so i dont have a choice cause i refuse to buy new clothes in a bigger size.

NinaEiden
Fri, Jul-23-10, 15:45
Well off to enjoy the weekend have a very busy one daughter has behind the wheel and 930 to 1130 then has to go visit her bio father which we are leaving early a 1 to go to the effie rodeo and then have to hurry back so she can go on the poker run for car show weekend in our town the on sunday car show all day and then greatgrandma birthday barbque it is alot of running around but i will be back on tues morning telling you all about how i stayed the course.

NinaEiden
Wed, Jul-28-10, 10:36
this weekend was awesome but and i think i made some good choice for the place i was dropped into i did gain some water weight back do to the fact that hubby decided that we were going to chiniese with a bunch of friend well actully friends desided where we were going to eat so we went and i had one plate and ate mostly chicken so just the meat and the green beans and brocilli but chineese has hiden carb and lots of salt so i think i stayed ok on the carb front cause my cravings didnt come back at all all weekend but i got way to much salt went up but over the weekend came back down and to top it off af showed up lucky me i am doing good i am going to try to drink more water. i was at 224.5 this moring

NinaEiden
Thu, Jul-29-10, 08:42
I did good yesterday carb count under 20 still need to get more water working on that. i am at 224 my next minni goal is to get in the 2teens. tom is finally gone so that should help also trying to get more fat to keep things moving. i will do this i am already feeling better.

Gaspesiene
Thu, Jul-29-10, 09:22
Wow, Nina...you are doing great. You have the mindset.

M-A

spoopyjean
Thu, Jul-29-10, 09:31
I'm back on the wagon too girl! Keep it up!

NinaEiden
Wed, Aug-04-10, 10:02
I haven't been in here in a couple of day normally not here on weekend but missed yesterday to I have been eating on plan the most carbs i had one day was 21.2 so doing great there i am diffinately not hungry anymore can go forever with out eating i am going to start the biggest losers exercise program on thrusday. i am at 223.2 boncing araound there. once the twelve pack of diet dr pepper is gone i am not going to have any more pop and i am going to increase my water intake. i am going thought the week three stall out but am doing ok keeping my spirts up. i will get my new bed room

NinaEiden
Thu, Aug-05-10, 08:57
Didnt feel right last was up and in the bathroom 4 time in about one hour sure am cleaned out now. I feel much better this morning my next goal is to be in the 2 teen by next week i am going t start the biggest loser for the wii tonight!! if i still feel ok Had eggs for breakfast in the micowave dish that i just bought it was yummy with pepperjack cheese. hope my weight stays down and not just a bonce down from being sick either way it has been three weeks and not one cheat i will not cheat i will ge my bedroom redone!!!

NinaEiden
Tue, Aug-10-10, 13:09
Well I ate good and on plan for this weekend i am on the dreaded week three and for stall where your body ajusts i am getting a bit frustrated i know that i will start moving agian and have decided to stop drinking diet pop and see if that shakes things up. my mother in law has had a tummy ach for the last week and think she gave it to me tummy has been aching the last couple of days. Going to try to drink more water since it is so hot out here and humid i am so sick of the heat yuck!! I need to drink more anyway to replace the pop!

NinaEiden
Wed, Aug-11-10, 08:59
Ok know i have reached the week three and week four stall and that i am also at a set point for my body but gosh i would really like to see the scale move in the right direction! Kindof getting frustrated i will not give up i want my bedroom and one cheat and it is all over. I have cut out diet pop and it has been 36 hr now and man do i have a headach from the caffiene withdrawls. it is worse than the carb flu. the headache woke me up this morning. not sure if it is the week three four thing or that i am not eating enough calories just not hungery going to try and increase my fat intake so that my calories come up they have been ranging from 600 to 1400 cal the 1400 not so bad but the 600 is way to low.

NinaEiden
Wed, Aug-18-10, 21:48
Ok I am staying dilegent but I am getting frustrated I have been 222,2 for Oct two weeks and today I was starving hopefully that means that I will get a whoosh soon I never measured so I don't know if i have been losing inches I know that I will go down I also know that this weight has been a set point the last time I did low carb when I got down to my adult low of 203 and then convinced myself that I could have a few treats and I could handle it not one slip and I am on the carb frensy that sends me down a very. Bad road.

Shannan
Mon, Aug-30-10, 06:48
Hey... U can try and work hard. . We all slip we all stall we all take breaks.. Heck I am the Queen of slips. :( but i am trying and that is better than nothing.. You can do this. Keep trying and working hard :)!!!! You want that remodeling right!!??

kellyd23
Tue, Sep-07-10, 20:34
that is awesome and i will do it cause I really want it for so many different reasons. my health my wellbeing phyically and mentally to show my daughter a good example of what you can do when you put your mind to it and a healthy eating habbits.
Don't forget that bedroom too! :D

rock-head
Tue, Sep-07-10, 20:45
Wow congrats all the way! I am a sugar addict too - no nibbles for me, I have to have the whole bag o' cookies.

So what is your bedroom going to look like? Tell us the details!