PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sugar_Mama
Sun, Jul-11-10, 22:41
I am Tracy, 35 years old, 5 foot 7 inches....A little history about me - I was always "the skinny one" of the family. I ate what I wanted, and ALOT of it and never exercised yet still stayed extremely thin.

When I got pregnant with my 1st child, I weighed only 98 lbs. At the time of his birth, I was up to 150! I lost back down to about 120 after he was born.

To make a long story short, I gained a bit over time but continued to eat what I wanted and stayed around 150lbs for several years, even after the birth of 4 more children. With the last baby (now 22 months) I got back down to 155 soon after her birth but over the past few months I've managed to gain and got up 171.....My biggest problem is my mid-section after 5 babies. Very "fluffy" belly and thighs ;)

The first week in June I was doing portion control (aka starving!) and lost 3 pounds. My aunt convinced me on July 7th to try low carb instead. Today is day 5 and I've lost around 4 pounds.

My goal is to get back to 150 which I think is a good weight for me. As of today I am 164 so I only have 14 to go. I'm glad I found this site for support!

Chris_D
Tue, Jul-13-10, 10:30
Welcome!!

This is an awesome community of very friendly, helpful and supportive folks! Its amazing what you learn and gain everyday from this forum!

Think about starting a journal and feel free to pop by mine, its an excellent way to diarize your thoughts, feelings trials and tribulations.

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

ringamajig
Tue, Jul-13-10, 10:35
Welcome, you have found a great place with lots of nice people and great support.

Have a wonderful LC journey.
Roxanne