PDA

View Full Version : Question! Question!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chels04242
Wed, Jul-07-10, 11:12
Hi everyone! :wave:

Ok, I here over and over that weight training is the way to go to get rid of fat and tone the body all over. My question is, what if you arent doing the diet along with exercise? Or should I say, not eating perfect but still weight train; would you then build muscle under the fat and end up looking bigger? Or does muscle burn fat? I am so confused about this. I feel like weight training only works if you are eating healthy. I am not saying you can eat cheeseburgers all day long, but if you are not eating perfect, can you still tone DOWN? Or will you just build muscle under the fat and end up looking bigger? lol sorry for being repetitive..

chels04242
Wed, Jul-07-10, 11:44
Oops, I mean hear*..silly me!

chocula
Wed, Jul-07-10, 18:50
depends, if you are eating more calories than you burn with exercise then no, you won't lose weight

AlienBug
Thu, Jul-08-10, 06:18
Dieting sheds weight. Weight training builds strength. People tend to do both at the same time but you will never exercise yourself skinny, which is why all the miracle exercise programs include diet guides, which the people giving testimonials rarely mention. For women, gaining bulk is typically not a problemm.

chels04242
Thu, Jul-08-10, 07:41
Ok that makes perfect sense. Thank you!!!

kbfunTH
Mon, Jul-12-10, 12:16
weight training along with other forms of activity and calorie control should be your optimal approach.

a body builder/power lifter that wants to add bulk to their physique, will combine a high calorie diet with high volume and intensity weight training. some go way overboard ......

i personally wouldn't recommend cutting your diet to extreme lows as this will be far to hard to sustain long term. use exercise etc to aid your diet in controlling your bodyweight and fat mass.

Marcia Mae
Mon, Jul-12-10, 19:56
Depends on what kind of results you want. Want to look like a fitness model? Then YES - a good diet is crucial. Keep your calories low enough for a deficit but not so low that you cannot sustain a good workout.

Shay15
Fri, Aug-13-10, 20:33
Dieting sheds weight. Weight training builds strength. People tend to do both at the same time but you will never exercise yourself skinny, which is why all the miracle exercise programs include diet guides, which the people giving testimonials rarely mention. For women, gaining bulk is typically not a problem.
So wat u mean when say dat? I just trying 2 understand a little better.
Thanks!