PDA

View Full Version : New Beginings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bhghatesyo
Wed, Jun-23-10, 12:07
Hi everyone,

I am new to Atkins, just started like 1 day ago. I am 26 years old and i weigh a whopping 240lbs!!. My husband and i got married about 3 years ago and we moved like 4 years ago and ever since then i have just been gaining and gaining. When we meet i wasnt the skinniest person weighing probably like 150lbs. recently i came down with a horrible case of bronchitis and asthma. I was having trouble sleeping, i felt as if i was being suffocated everytime i laid on my back because of all this fat! so a coworker had been talking about doing atkins and that she had lost like 23 pounds in like a month so i decided to look into what the Atkins Diet really was. I am just now starting to really think about what i am putting into my body. i was in such a habit of eating whole bags of doritos(family size) and drinking whole 2 liters to myself and never even thinking about what this was doing to my body. I have diabeties in my family so i have also been getting worried about developing that. I am so glad i found this site and i am going to be using this to help me because i know i have issues with food and the choices ive made so being able to come on here and read all these success stories has already made me so excited about taking control of my body. :thup:

katyw8y
Wed, Jun-23-10, 14:06
:wave: Hi there: welcome to this forum. Atkins is certainly an enjoyable way to lose weight...you get to eat so much of the food you love and you never feel starving!
Good for you to lose weight before ift become an issue with type 2 diabetes. I am the same and have made the decision to loose weight before I have to stick myself with a needle every day.
Good luck on your journey and take some time to read others journals, you will gain much insite and knowledge from others who have been there before you :lol:

bhghatesyo
Wed, Jun-23-10, 14:22
thank you so much i have been reading things on here all day and i can already teel this is going to be my biggest ally!

ringamajig
Wed, Jun-23-10, 16:10
Welcome, welcome, welcome. You have found a great place for some really good recipes and support.

Have a great LC journey.

Roxanne
started 5-17-10 (again)