PDA

View Full Version : Carbing again's journal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Creamy
Wed, Jun-23-10, 11:58
:wave: Hi Every One,
Well here I go AGAIN! This time I'm giving myself a more realistic time to get this weight off. I'm not looking for a quick fix or fast unrealistic dream that in 2 months I will wake up and this fat will be melted away, lets get real here it took several years to put it on slowly and I know it will take time to get rid of it.

I truly believe that a no sugar eating plan is the right one for me to reach that goal.

My story is some what new for me and I was some what forced into committing to a low carb lifestyle, I have done almost every diet + low carb diet out there! I have always gave up, beat myself up and put just a little more weight on.

This time is different, when I said forced. Well it all started with that cruse we call menopause. I was hot flashing so bad that it was constant 24 hours a day! really! I was absolutely miserable! could not sleep, mood swings. Well a few time lets just say I thought my husband was going to run for the hills and never return :lol: I needed help! :help: :help: :help:

I found a quick fix, it was called HCG, A life saver! it seemed to balance my hormones, but the hardest diet in the world!!! my hot flashes and mood swings stop immediately! and I lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks. Then the very next day started Suzanne Somers eating plan. I love it! I eat wonderful food, no hot flashes not even one in 7 weeks. I sleep like a new baby, my hubby loves me again! I feel strong, my skin looks great! nails hard, hair shinning, I have no cravings which blows me away.

When I do see sugary sweets setting there all I can see now is a really bad hot flash! kind of like touching a hot stove, you know if you do it will definitely burn you so you don't touch it! That's how I now look at sugar, if I eat it I will suffer from a horrible hot flash and it is just NOT worth it! I have to say again I FEEL WONDERFUL!!!

Any who's I'm looking so forward to being part of this wonderful support group, where we are all on the same journey to becoming healthier, stronger, patient, wiser human beings for each other. Good luck ! :agree:

Start weight: 189

May 10 weight 189
June 23 weight: 173 ~~ 16 pounds loss

LC_mermaid
Wed, Jun-23-10, 19:08
Hi, welcome aboard, here is a link to a good site for recipes and tips. Good luck.

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

FMN
Wed, Jun-23-10, 19:47
Wow Mallory, I am starting to think we really are twins separated at birth! I had a similar experience with sugar many years ago. I developed very sensitive teeth for several years and anything sweet or cold was truly painful to try and consume. Guess that explains why I can say "I don't like ice cream!" And I really don't. now I think I could learn to like it, but I choose not to. It is so rare that I eat dessert, that when I do, it punishes me for weeks.

So glad you have found something that is working for you and that you and hubby survived the tough times! DH and I joke, and if one of us says we are leaving, the other one says "Well, I'm coming with ya!!" I'm not letting him get away. :D

Keep up the great work...it sounds like you are well on your way to your goal!!

Creamy
Thu, Jun-24-10, 12:04
Hi, welcome aboard, here is a link to a good site for recipes and tips. Good luck.

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Thank you Mermaid for welcoming me, and thanks for your recipe site, I took a look and I will be using sevreal recipes. :thup: Thank You!

CValentine
Thu, Jun-24-10, 12:16
WTG Mallory!
Awesome on the feeling better & the good stuff coming in your life!!
WELCOME!!! :) ~Cheryl

Creamy
Sat, Jun-26-10, 13:47
Wow Mallory, I am starting to think we really are twins separated at birth! I had a similar experience with sugar many years ago. I developed very sensitive teeth for several years and anything sweet or cold was truly painful to try and consume. Guess that explains why I can say "I don't like ice cream!" And I really don't. now I think I could learn to like it, but I choose not to. It is so rare that I eat dessert, that when I do, it punishes me for weeks.

So glad you have found something that is working for you and that you and hubby survived the tough times! DH and I joke, and if one of us says we are leaving, the other one says "Well, I'm coming with ya!!" I'm not letting him get away. :D

Keep up the great work...it sounds like you are well on your way to your goal!!

Hi, yes that sugar can really play havoc on your system! twins, I don't know now I'm starting to wonder? Your popping my bubble, I love ice cream, just ordered a new ice cream making the other day! lol...I'm going to over look it :lol: Sounds like we both have keepers with those hubby's of ours.
I have a Daughter and Son and a new grand baby on the way! first one!!! and you? wondering if we have more things the same? crazy busy week, TGIS! Your doing great, keep up the good work! don't you just love LC :D