PDA

View Full Version : One More Newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ChrisPat
Thu, Jun-17-10, 19:02
Hi, I'm Pat, and am on a low carb, high protein diet. I may be diabetic, but my doctor isn't ready to make that call, so I did. In any case, I'd like to lose about 25 or 30 lbs and know from the '70's that low carb will do it for me. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks and wanted to learn some more clever recipes, so joined to find them and also see what the low carbers on the list do to help themselves. I so appreciate your support and hints. So far I've lost about 13 lbs and lowered my A1C about 5 points.

Glad you are here and sending some good hints.

I'll take a seat in the back of the room and leave my Cokes at the outside of the door! But, I'll still have my Vodka and water in my hand.

Thanks again,

ChrisPat

ringamajig
Thu, Jun-17-10, 22:00
Welcome Chris Pat, best of luck on your journey.

black57
Fri, Jun-18-10, 07:40
Hi Chris, here is the low carb PCOS board right here. Hope this helps.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Duhhh, I posted this on the wrong thread. Nevermind :help:

cnmLisa
Fri, Jun-18-10, 08:22
Hi, I'm Pat, and am on a low carb, high protein diet. I may be diabetic, but my doctor isn't ready to make that call, so I did. In any case, I'd like to lose about 25 or 30 lbs and know from the '70's that low carb will do it for me. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks and wanted to learn some more clever recipes, so joined to find them and also see what the low carbers on the list do to help themselves. I so appreciate your support and hints. So far I've lost about 13 lbs and lowered my A1C about 5 points.

Glad you are here and sending some good hints.

I'll take a seat in the back of the room and leave my Cokes at the outside of the door! But, I'll still have my Vodka and water in my hand.

Thanks again,

ChrisPat

Holy Moly!!

That is more than awesome!

Take a peek at the Bernstein area in the diabetes section.

You get kudos for taking control of your health.

Might I ask what your A1C was prior--for you to have a drop of 5 points I'm just wondering about the reasoning of your healthcare provider?

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

ChrisPat
Sat, Jun-19-10, 15:42
Oops, Lisa, I said that wrong. I had 6.9 at the start, and dropped it to 6.4 in three weeks. I'm not sure that's all that affected it, so we'll see as time goes on.

Sorry, folks..but, so glad to be here...

ChrisPat